Twinzer Feedback?

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@oeste858 Depends on who's theory you want to put your faith in. Maybe Wil was the only one that had real validation. I did the water hose test as GG requested(posted on my IG story). What I saw, depending on the stream of water direction, is that at times the canard will direct water to the main. Not scientific but I was able to get water to direct to the main. I know GG doesn't believe it does as described, but my own experiment lead me to an open mind. so I think it might be more than just increased fin area.
Bottom contour may also play a part in the system as a whole (sum of the parts)

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Never ridden a twinzer. Genuine question: if the twin boxes are placed further back (GG-approved, currently popular), doesn't this eliminate much of the need for canards?
No. I've tried my twinzers as straight twins, and they lack the drive you get w/ the canards, including my GG twinzer. The canard effect is real.

Isn't that basically a different way to add control to previously skatey twins?
:shrug:
Yeah, but only so much: You add canards fore of the mains, which still doesn't move the fin cluster aft. I've added canards to twins, and they help a little. My Akila Aipa still felt way too slidey.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
That came quicker than you expected, right?
As you probably know, Dane is very detail oriented and doesn’t rush through his queue. I have a 3 pack that I put my name on his list for in September, that’s probably what you’re referring to. This one was done in about 14mo if I remember correctly. He says the wait will be 18mo when you put a deposit down to get in the queue.

Last edited:

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
@oeste858 Depends on who's theory you want to put your faith in. Maybe Wil was the only one that had real validation. I did the water hose test as GG requested(posted on my IG story). What I saw, depending on the stream of water direction, is that at times the canard will direct water to the main. Not scientific but I was able to get water to direct to the main. I know GG doesn't believe it does as described, but my own experiment lead me to an open mind. so I think it might be more than just increased fin area.
Bottom contour may also play a part in the system as a whole (sum of the parts)
I have two twinzer boards and have tried both with and without the canards. Where i notice the difference the most with the canards is in chest high or above waves.... it feels easier to choose a tighter line when dropping in and also easier to re-adjust your line while performing a bottom turn. It is more evident when using keel style fins as the mains versus more upright twins.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Purists avert your eyes. I’ve got one of these inbound...5’10” model.

Murray Bourton Roundtail Twinzaa

His earlier model...

OG Twinzaa

I talked to Muzz for an hour yesterday. He raved about this setup non stop. Interesting that he got there from quads...i read everything that Bruce McKee wrote about quad placement and combos, and he covered larger rears-smaller front combos for drive and projection. Very tight and overcontrolled on a normal quad though.

He‘s in California for the next 3 weeks so I went instant gratification rather than custom...I’ve got my surfing stiffy back. Boingggggggg!

6F9814E5-DB71-4EEE-8AF0-761841CA3380.jpeg

DCFD7E4F-0413-4034-A19F-68487795512B.jpeg