Twinzer Feedback?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Thank you. Next and hopefully final question:

Is the degree of cant on the fronts supposed to be the same as the on the rears?

They appear to take Futures or FCS bases...

Last edited:

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006

Is the degree of cant on the fronts supposed to be the same as the on the rears?

Cant is a box of worms. Need4Speed runs his mains and canards at the same cant. I think the cant on that red board is 10 if I recall. I would get some FCS canards (no built in cant) and you will probably end up with the cant that was intended by the makesman.

Futures might work as the slot is long enough. I have a set of those little C5 fins (no good for twinzers, too small). I will give it a check and report back.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal

OG Jobson was quite a bit more 10° or so.
I ran mine that way for a few boards, now I match with mains
ymmv
I cut Fusion plugs in half for my canards (thanks Barry)

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I’ve been riding my 6’0” Sakal twinzer on DD. im really impressed by the performance. Note-this is my first twinzer. Twin speed but “almost” tri fin type turns. I will report back SK nvs fins sucked. No drive. No nothing. TA twin is real good. I just put in the new CI Britt twin the other day. First impressions are all good.

edit-if anyone wants SKs without canards. Dm me. Future.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@urchined I would like to give Stu's template another try at 6 3/4"
Greg's template is my favorite by far. Going to post a pic/quick review of my inverted vee. Working on a new file sending to the cutter next week

Reactions: urchined and jkb

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
I’ve been riding my 6’0” Sakal twinzer on DD. im really impressed by the performance. Note-this is my first twinzer. Twin speed but “almost” tri fin type turns. I will report back SK nvs fins sucked. No drive. No nothing. TA twin is real good. I just put in the new CI Britt twin the other day. First impressions are all good.

edit-if anyone wants SKs without canards. Dm me. Future.
Interesting about your comments on the SK fins. Heard and saw the opposite. Plenty of drive, especially when coming out of turns. Then again, they weren't on a 6'0 and we are in Hawaii. The latter always helps.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I got a set with my DA glassed SK 3-4 years ago. The board was fast but didn't feel the connected drive I was looking for. I made some G10 in GG's template (and moved back) and the board felt much better. Had some issues with the board and moved on. ymmv

Reactions: urchined

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Interesting about your comments on the SK fins. Heard and saw the opposite. Plenty of drive, especially when coming out of turns. Then again, they weren't on a 6'0 and we are in Hawaii. The latter always helps.
as N4S mentioned, placement is critical. Sakal puts his twins around 9”. I think that combined with the fins resultEd in my feels. But yeah, I grew spending a lot of time in Kauai. And your right. The latter always helps as u said.

Reactions: Bullnutts

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Just back from Scorpion Bay and had some good chats along with checking out the Twinzers he's riding. Fun looking boards and listening to him add info on what he would do different with boards he had. Micro changes that he thinks would make a difference. A Twinzer is a great board for there....

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Just back from Scorpion Bay and had some good chats along with checking out the Twinzers he's riding. Fun looking boards and listening to him add info on what he would do different with boards he had. Micro changes that he thinks would make a difference. A Twinzer is a great board for there....
Who-SK Or mabile?

Reactions: hankster

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Did you take the north road in? Need 4wd? Do you think a Ford Econoline van with AT's could make it? Think I'm going soon and have been told that the north road is doable right now but would hate to be wrong the hard way.