Twinzer Feedback?

Oct 13, 2019
c5 boxes:

I've lost so many canards due to the grub screw hitting too low on the tabs. I've posted my collection before:
This. Years ago, having just received a custom Twinzer from Wil, I took it to Central America. Screwed in the Cannard and the grub screw went straight through the bottom of the c5 box.

• Sad
Reactions: jkb and ghostshaper

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
When the fi

Liv3mind was the best but went dark. Hopefully everything is good with George! Barry will cut down a fcs ll plug for canards. I think Barry help design the liv3mind boxes.
These are what Stu Kenson and Ward Coffee were using on their Twinzers but Ward told me he was having trouble getting them. He said he'll be cutting a fusion plug in half for my upcoming board.

Wonder what happened with Liv3mind?

Reactions: need 4 speed

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I hope George is doing well, great guy, super stoked on what on what he was doing
and built a better mouse trap. He gave me a lot of support :cheers:

Reactions: jkb

RTP

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 10, 2010
These are what Stu Kenson and Ward Coffee were using on their Twinzers but Ward told me he was having trouble getting them. He said he'll be cutting a fusion plug in half for my upcoming board.
Extra steps to hold the fin half as strong.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
As i mentioned i've had no issues with the canard plugs on either of my boards ... they i guess were some of the first ones made .... i recall reading the biggest issue wasn't losing fin out of the plug but the plug spinning in the board. I believe they added some small tabs to later versions to correct that issue.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Not sure if the Roberts Twonzer qualifies as a twinzer but I’ve been exclusively riding them for the past 2 years and I can say without question this design is the fastest board I’ve ever ridden. It did take some time to develop the appropriate flow needed to get the board going and slow down mentally to keep the board next to wave and allow the waves to catch up with me. I’ve made sections on what should have been a semi-closeouts and don’t feel like I’m missing the middle fin on my roundhouse wraps. My close friends say they see a pep in my step like never before. Had a complete stranger ask me the model I was riding and I told them “Disco Diamond” and showed the fin set up. They responded “makes sense, you’ve been dancing all over these waves”
Anyone else ridden the Twonzer set up? Tried to ride a thruster when the waves cranked and it felt dead. Don’t think i can ride a thruster again...

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Not sure if the Roberts Twonzer qualifies as a twinzer but I’ve been exclusively riding them for the past 2 years and I can say without question this design is the fastest board I’ve ever ridden. It did take some time to develop the appropriate flow needed to get the board going and slow down mentally to keep the board next to wave and allow the waves to catch up with me. I’ve made sections on what should have been a semi-closeouts and don’t feel like I’m missing the middle fin on my roundhouse wraps. My close friends say they see a pep in my step like never before. Had a complete stranger ask me the model I was riding and I told them “Disco Diamond” and showed the fin set up. They responded “makes sense, you’ve been dancing all over these waves”
Anyone else ridden the Twonzer set up? Tried to ride a thruster when the waves cranked and it felt dead. Don’t think i can ride a thruster again...
You forgot to login as ghstshpr

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
This is my latest Twinzer, a 5’5 from Hank Warner that I took to Justin(Dark Arts) to laminate. Hank gave me a set of his Twinzer fins along with the canard plugs. I should’ve took pics of the plugs before dropping everything off at Justin’s. But you can see there’s 2 screws and enough space to adjust the canard placement, hence the need for 2 screws. Anyway...I’ve only ridden this board twice and it absolutely is a demon down the line, like a keel fin on steroids. It easily makes broken sections if drawn out into the flats. It turns nimbly and fast and doesn’t have any of the slidey backside feel that some twin keels may have. I’m perfectly happy making it work BUT it’s got a bit too much foam for me at 160lbs. The thickness is out to the rails and I like a thin rail that I can really sink. This would be perfect for someone around 170-180lbs. DM me on IG(@dylanwouldgo) if you are interested...$750, fins ARE included. I’ll post in classifieds if I get a chance this weekend
25A5064F-BF9E-48B2-BB8C-580FD3734B98.jpegDF4F1DB4-D571-446B-8F62-D7410BA4CAFE.jpeg384A6403-8A78-4183-B8BC-200E9B4D1D75.jpeg17281B77-9B55-457F-B007-9128AA79D731.jpeg13D3DAB3-175D-4D71-9F1E-C1066357E053.jpeg01480F38-B843-4AD3-B9AC-233E7B54FFEC.jpeg

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Yeah i would say it does. Did a google search - and checked his video on the setup - fins looks sick! Roberts Surfboards - Roberts Surfboards - Ventura, California - Home - scroll to bottom to see the video. I've been stuck with the same front canards and have been curious as what effect a larger front canard has on the twinzer setup/feel. So then i assume you have a full 3/4" future's fin box up front?

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Yeah i would say it does. Did a google search - and checked his video on the setup - fins looks sick! Roberts Surfboards - Roberts Surfboards - Ventura, California - Home - scroll to bottom to see the video. I've been stuck with the same front canards and have been curious as what effect a larger front canard has on the twinzer setup/feel. So then i assume you have a full 3/4" future's fin box up front?
yes, all fin boxes are 3/4” deep so the board cannot use small quad fins unless the base is set like a regular fin. It does not grovel that well in mush, but lights up when waves are lining up down the beach. Caught a magical day at Monster Hole with 150yrd lefts that rivaled anything Lance’s left in Nica can produce and this fin system took me for a ride that left me scratching my head in regards to the amount of speed and complete control without trying to hard. I’m looking into the Twinvader model twonzer style that is not on his website yet but can see on his Instagram page. Stocked!

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Someone sent me some larger canards to try: they actually loosened up the board more than normal canards. I think it was bc they overlapped more. I like 0-0.5" gap.

Reactions: flyinraptr

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
what size rear fins are most running in your twinzers compared to if you were riding a normal twin?

thinking of adding some pugs for canards to a couple of my twins, not because i don't like them. just curious to experiment. (and just ordered a few sheets of G10!)

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
This is my latest Twinzer, a 5’5 from Hank Warner that I took to Justin(Dark Arts) to laminate. Hank gave me a set of his Twinzer fins along with the canard plugs. I should’ve took pics of the plugs before dropping everything off at Justin’s. But you can see there’s 2 screws and enough space to adjust the canard placement, hence the need for 2 screws. Anyway...I’ve only ridden this board twice and it absolutely is a demon down the line, like a keel fin on steroids. It easily makes broken sections if drawn out into the flats. It turns nimbly and fast and doesn’t have any of the slidey backside feel that some twin keels may have. I’m perfectly happy making it work BUT it’s got a bit too much foam for me at 160lbs. The thickness is out to the rails and I like a thin rail that I can really sink. This would be perfect for someone around 170-180lbs. DM me on IG(@dylanwouldgo) if you are interested...$750, fins ARE included. I’ll post in classifieds if I get a chance this weekend
View attachment 106055View attachment 106056View attachment 106057View attachment 106058View attachment 106059View attachment 106060
If this was a 5'10"-6'0" I'd be allllllll over it.

Reactions: urchined