Twinzer Feedback?

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I'm intrigued after enjoying the twin (and 2+1) revival, but there's really not many floating around to try before committing to a new board order. Any ride reports relative to a straight twin, t+trailer.....in a blind taste test do you think you could actually feel the difference vs a straight twin?? Thx

Reactions: urchined

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Im interested in fin recs for a twinzer as well. I have a rocket fish on order. Im eyeing the RFC set or SK's NVS set. Maybe just get canards RFC and use the TA twin is the 3rd option.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I'm intrigued after enjoying the twin (and 2+1) revival, but there's really not many floating around to try before committing to a new board order. Any ride reports relative to a straight twin, t+trailer.....in a blind taste test do you think you could actually feel the difference vs a straight twin?? Thx
twinzers suck!

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Been riding a couple of twinzers (6'4" & 6'10") for the past year in everything from waist high to double overhead. In barreling beach break waves ... which is primarily what we have here ....no hesitation i'll take the twinzer setup over a twin + trailer, quad or thruster any day of the week and twice on Sunday. A couple things of note ... both of my twinzers excel in good waves and are not small wave grovelers. A lot of the twinzer setups i see online - show the canards with an upright twin fin in the rear. I tried that never seems to feel like it has enough drive ... much prefer the twinzer setup with a keel style template in the rear and the canards up front.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Im interested in fin recs for a twinzer as well. I have a rocket fish on order. Im eyeing the RFC set or SK's NVS set. Maybe just get canards RFC and use the TA twin is the 3rd option.
Make sure you don’t get the shitty futures boxes for the canard fin. FCS or LIv3mind only.
cant go wrong with the RFC canards. Fins Unlimited makes some too, but i don’t think they sell them without the main fins.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Size and placement very critical
+1 on this
A lot of the twinzer setups i see online - show the canards with an upright twin fin in the rear. I tried that never seems to feel like it has enough drive
Might be fin position, I like mine back a bit from traditional Jobson. I'm a back foot power surfer(in my mind)

in a blind taste test do you think you could actually feel the difference vs a straight twin?? Thx
Short answer is: absolutely, but they do take a level of commitment to figure out the correct size and placement (fin) suiting ones style

imho

Reactions: ghostshaper

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
+1 on this

Might be fin position, I like mine back a bit from traditional Jobson. I'm a back foot power surfer(in my mind)

Short answer is: absolutely, but they do take a level of commitment to figure out the correct size and placement (fin) suiting ones style

imho
im a weak back foot power surfer

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Ryan is one of the best surfer/shapers out there. What placement did you guys decide on?
We focused most on the board. It’s my 2nd iteration of the model so I brought in my old to review. we pulled in the tail (I wanted to pull it in more, he said less) and i added a a touch of length. Give it some some more upper end range. on the fins, he knows I like the placement a bit back for a twin. But I specifically said I don’t know sh!t about twinzers so I’ve got nothing to add beyond let’s use Stu’s template as Ryan knows him some and we both respect his knowledge. I left it at that.

Reactions: ghostshaper

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Been riding a couple of twinzers (6'4" & 6'10") for the past year in everything from waist high to double overhead. In barreling beach break waves ... which is primarily what we have here ....no hesitation i'll take the twinzer setup over a twin + trailer, quad or thruster any day of the week and twice on Sunday. A couple things of note ... both of my twinzers excel in good waves and are not small wave grovelers. A lot of the twinzer setups i see online - show the canards with an upright twin fin in the rear. I tried that never seems to feel like it has enough drive ... much prefer the twinzer setup with a keel style template in the rear and the canards up front.
Really interested to see what you're running - board and fins- if you have the time for pics or shaper info?
Long time bonzer disciple here and would love to have an all round good wave twinzer.
Thanks!

Reactions: flyinraptr