Twinzer Feedback?

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Slidey no good. Try less cant or more aft. I took out 2 degrees of the mains on my board and it felt so much better.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Anyone seen this kind of box for Twinzer fronts?

View attachment 111675

What are they?
If your going to do single plugs with your twinzer, I think this is the best option.

I have lost two sets of twinzer canards while out in the water. Both from just ”surfing.” I don’t think anyone realizes how much pressure is put on that canard. If your light, probably no problems, but if your bigger or doing some big carves, using a full fusion box with two tabs on the canard, glass on, or the two screw set above is the only way to go.

Going through sets of twinzers is expensive and sucks. One of my boxes actually cracked, running from where the screw goes in, to the fin slot. Lots of pressure, plus trying to anchor with only one screw, the fin will rock in the box unless it is perfectly flush with the board which become a DIY project.

As others have mentioned, positioning is CRITICAL. If you think you can turn your Twin, into a Twinzer just by adding the front canards, mistaken.

The biggest thing holding the Twinzer back is that front canard box. I still think two tab is the only way to go.

This thread reminds me I have to take my board in and get the dang single round plug routed out and have a fusion box that I grinded away on a bench grinder installed somehow. It ain’t going to be pretty but big whoop.

Then I can start using GG two tab twinzer fins that I have. I do like those Rainbows but they are at the bottom of the ocean.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
If your going to do single plugs with your twinzer, I think this is the best option.

I using a full fusion box with two tabs on the canard, glass on, or the two screw set above is the only way to go.
The two screws on the Liv3mind boxes are for adjustability. The single tab isn’t quite big enough for both screws to hit the tab enough to provide extra security.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
My OG Dynamic Balance boards were set @
Mains: 2 degrees, glass on
Canards: 14 degrees, routed in, glassed on

Given the age of the boards it could be Wil evolved over time, or maybe he adjusted cant angles for the intended conditions of the surfboard.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@sdsurfrat Interesting, if I remember correctly retodds Dynamic Balance was around 4° with 1/4" toe (glass on)

Knock on wood, about 7 boards over the last 4 years with half Fusion plugs for canards and no issues. (Thank Barry)

Reactions: Havoc, jkb and JDJ

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
26E721FC-2373-4925-AF7E-9C5D294AEB21.jpeg

This is what happened when I came in contact with the canard with my leg in a closeout. It didn't feel like it was a big hit, just a good tap. I know I hit the main fin too but zero damage. First lost canard.