Twinzer Feedback?

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Did you take the north road in? Need 4wd? Do you think a Ford Econoline van with AT's could make it? Think I'm going soon and have been told that the north road is doable right now but would hate to be wrong the hard way.
Yes, we went in thru the North High Road. Usually take low road but we woke up to rain in San Ignacio so were hesitant until we realized the rain hovered over SI. Good thing we didnt have to go all the way around.

Easy peasy in a 2wd as they keep the high road in good shape these days although one good rain can muck it up. Only one spot you would need to be aware of is a Silty spot but can do just need to pick a good line and hammer it.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Yes, we went in thru the North High Road. Usually take low road but we woke up to rain in San Ignacio so were hesitant until we realized the rain hovered over SI. Good thing we didnt have to go all the way around.

Easy peasy in a 2wd as they keep the high road in good shape these days although one good rain can muck it up. Only one spot you would need to be aware of is a Silty spot but can do just need to pick a good line and hammer it.
Thanks. Super tempting though the driver of the other van is skeptical....

You usually take the long, south road?? Or do you mean the east road? That sounds like 4x only?

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA

You use 4x at all?

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Thanks. Super tempting though the driver of the other van is skeptical....

You usually take the long, south road?? Or do you mean the east road? That sounds like 4x only?
we usually take the Salt Flats (low road). The road from Mulege is kinda gnar and would be for the adventurer and high clearance 4x. Ive never gone all the way around to Constitucion.

I have a 4x4 and used it thru the Silty area because I have 4x so might as well use it as its just a "flick of the switch"

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
we usually take the Salt Flats (low road). The road from Mulege is kinda gnar and would be for the adventurer and high clearance 4x. Ive never gone all the way around to Constitucion.

I have a 4x4 and used it thru the Silty area because I have 4x so might as well use it as its just a "flick of the switch"
True and thanks.

Never done it. Says the north road is 4.5 hours and all the way around is 8.5. Pretty tempting.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Still mostly crap waves on the "Crutch" but a few waves I was able to throw it into the lip. It felt slidey and drifty. I'm sure if I was a WSL competitor I could use that to my advantage and maybe I just need to get used to it, but I prefer feeling in control. Anyone else have that feeling? Anybody ever try a trailer with a twinzer? I had a twin fin that had the same slidey feel in the lip and a little trailer sorted it out.

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
My twinzers feel right on the money. Just the right amount of control to weeeeeeeee ratio.

Reactions: oeste858

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Still mostly crap waves on the "Crutch" but a few waves I was able to throw it into the lip. It felt slidey and drifty. I'm sure if I was a WSL competitor I could use that to my advantage and maybe I just need to get used to it, but I prefer feeling in control. Anyone else have that feeling? Anybody ever try a trailer with a twinzer? I had a twin fin that had the same slidey feel in the lip and a little trailer sorted it out.
ur too strong now for ur boars

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
if it feels slidey go faster down the line