Twins are - Happening !

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah “twins” with 3 fins are so hot right now. More importantly, da guy riding the thruster in the first vid is on the Gotcha Team!?! Is the brand making a comeback? Has it always remained “big in Japan” this whole time? What about MCD? RIP MT.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I’ve had a number of twins with a third box. Side fins are twin sized fins glassed on in twin position and most of the time that’s the way you ride it. You have a selection of differently sized trailer fins so you have options. The board’s range is expanded. That’s a good thing. IMO.

Reactions: jkb

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Like @Aruka said... a twin is like a quad with the brake off. The best thing about a twin is the glide and I think a middle fin takes that away from the twin (aside from the fact that the word twin means two).

Reactions: johnson7

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I wouldn't call it glide.

It's more like a squirt. For lack of a better term. Freedom with a Squirt is the name of my new gay boy band.

If you take your twin fin and add a plug out the back for a stabilizer fin, and put nothing in the plugs, you are riding a twin fin still. Then, on demand, according to conditions or whim, you can add small center fins to change into something else. It's not a thruster. It's not a twin. It's like two, two... two surfboards in one!

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Last edited: