Twin Fin

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Apparently he was on a 5'5 in the earlier rounds, then traded it for a 5'8 version on the "better" days.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I think that footage showed some impressive spontaneity. I'm only five months older than Kelly and despite being pretty fit and still a frothy shortboarder, I think I'd have to mainline expresso to get anywhere near that level of quick twitch muscle response.

The Akila twin he freesurfed on in Keramas looked better underfoot since it was substantially narrower, but obviously he needed more planing area in those shite waves in Japan.

Reactions: Havoc

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
thanks for the vid
he really took his zinc oxide to the limit
Yeah, that surprised me. He must have had some growths iced off and got a talking to. He's always been anti sunscreen and with his Syrian/Lebanese ancestry, probably didn't think he needed to be as concerned as the pasty set.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
GG, Thanks for posting. What were your thoughts on how the twin surfed??
Nice to see the GOAT in the kind of waves most of us surf regularly. IMHO, he surfed about as well as could be expected on those waves, and the twin looked fine. Impressive for his age. It's really only when you compare his surfing in the event to Kolohe or Italo and the ramps they are able to find everywhere, that you realize how much older he is than his competitors. I guess KS just couldn't pass up the opportunity to try to qualify for the 2020 Olympics. Would be a nice bookend to his competitive career.

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
20190329_164614.jpg

Pretty sure it's the Power template that used to be the mayhem template for the rnf

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Yeah, that surprised me. He must have had some growths iced off and got a talking to. He's always been anti sunscreen and with his Syrian/Lebanese ancestry, probably didn't think he needed to be as concerned as the pasty set.
I gots news for him. The damage is done.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I remember he used to get into arguments with trolls on instagram over sunscreen. lol.