Tsunami warning

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
It was pumping this AM. Alot of paddling. Strong overhead NW swell and current pushing north hard.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Felipe Pomar, looked out his window and went back to sleep in Hanalei. "de nada"
Cancelled in Hawaii at 0808hrs.
You ... should read the story about Felipe and his Friend riding a real Tidal wave in Peru years ago. National hero's. Felipe has recounted his story to a few of us here :oops: :bowdown:

It's like a King Tide in Cali ~ :nana:
I read that story as a child.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The water rose and dipped about 2 feet in SB this AM. But that wasn't the spectacle. It was much better. There was a soccer ball on the beach and a dog went after it, then swam after it, and kept swimming, and swimming. And swimming. And swimming.

The owner went after it and came back to the beach totally defeated, and completely purple. A small crowd formed and appeared to be tsunami lookie loos but everyone was watching this go down. Nobody gaf about the tsunami. The dog swam at least a half fckng mile out and you could see its head and the ball PAST the buoy. At that point someone called HP and they were on it. By the time they got there the dog had swam NW at least 500-1000 yards up from the buoy. When they returned to the harbor, the dog was covered in a blanket, gnawing on the ball. It was eating the ball the entire ride back to the harbor. They literally had to pry it away to get it off the boat. Once it was on the dock, hind and front legs folding and buckling, it was still all about the ball. Most determined fvckng dog I've ever seen in my life.

View attachment 122546

HP
View attachment 122547

View attachment 122548

View attachment 122549
My GF was goin for a beach walk in the Maria in SF and she said a dog got off its leash and swam to its death.

Wreid

I told my girl I would have saved it.

She said "No you wouldn't."

Guys, if can get a girl who believes you, you got it made. :dancing:

Last edited:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Classic casa reporting. He should apply to CNN.
but he's got an "in" man on da islands, straight from da coconoot wireless. CNN is fake news, they don't even cover the real down and dirty.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
It happened right at high tide so SC harbor spilling is not too surprising. That placed got worked in the Fukishima tsunami.
Some of the best waves I ever caught was during that Fukushima tsunami. Alone at a reef on the west side of Santa Cruz. Got many rides longer than most people ever get at this spot. Surprised no one else came out. Was on a 6'0 Haut quad/fish. Best rides I ever got on that board, too. So much fun.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
It's still very much not over. Water is surging with a larger rise/drop and moving more than this AM just like the Japan quake, but not as intense.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I was at beach early, knew about the warning, laughed with park ranger that wasn't paddling out any time soon. I did see water recede pretty hard around 8:30ish. I guess it came back in sorta gradually but hard to tell as waves had some chunk today. I guess maybe there was a surge on a semi-lull but nothing remarkable.

Watched and waited it out and fucking scored. So good. Beatings paddling out after a few but other than that, solid DOH excellence with 3 other guys out spread out over 100 yards or so. Kind of sh!t that makes me hate the idea of traveling for lesser waves with 50 guys out. I'll take the 5/4 over the boardies any time in that sense.

And yeah, I have pics but you all are getting Griffined. :waving:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
wonder if the sudden tide change showed on any web cams

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Mr Doof gets washed out to sea:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/surfer-swept-300-feet-off-san-francisco-shore-amid-tsunami-advisory/ar-AASP4Gn?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531

The San Francisco Fire Department is conducting a rescue operation after a surfer ventured out amid Tsunami Advisory conditions.
The man was swept 300 feet offshore while surfing Kelly's Cove at San Francisco's Ocean Beach, fire authorities reported.
At around 2:30 p.m., fire officials received reports of a surfer in distress, Lieutenant John Baxter told KCBS Radio.
Onlookers told officials they saw the surfer's board snap in half during a surge wave and then lost sight of him under the water.
With assistance from the U.S. Coast Guard helicopter crew and small boat team, rescue crews were able to locate and swim out to the victim.
"The surf conditions were so severe that we required placing the victim onto a U.S. Coast Guard vessel and then monitoring our rescue swimmers as they were able to make it back to shore," Baxter told KCBS Radio.
All rescue swimmers are now safely onshore and the victim required no further medical attention, he said.
A second surf rescue is now underway from the same location off the coast of San Francisco, Baxter informed KCBS Radio. He strongly advised residents to stay away from the beaches.
"The surf may look non-intimidating in some areas based off the size of the wave length, however, what's very cautious and very dangerous is the undertow and the ripcurrent," he sai