Trump voters: How do you justify supporting Paul Manafort?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Honest question - whether you're voting that way because you're enthusiastic about Trump or if it's something you'll do while holding your nose because you're that dedicated to keeping Hilldog out of the White House, how do you wrap your head around supporting a campaign run by someone who represents the absolute worst of crooked establishment politics? This guy is the puppet master [LINK] - Trump has admitted that he will let those around him do all the work if he wins. This is the type of person he surrounds himself with.

Paul Manafort was hired by Donald Trump to bring the wisdom of an old Washington hand to a campaign of political novices and provide expertise on the arcane art of counting convention delegates.

But beneath the image of a campaign wise man is a more complex picture of a veteran consultant who has pursued parallel careers as a lobbyist, political adviser and global dealmaker. He has parlayed political relationships around the world into an array of intricate financial transactions with billionaire oligarchs and other controversial investors that have at times spurred legal disputes.

“The technical term for what we do and what law firms, associations and professional groups do is ‘lobbying,’ ” Manafort said. “For purposes of today, I will admit that, in a narrow sense, some people might term it ‘influence peddling.’ ”
You are comfortable letting a guy who's on friendly terms with brutal dictators and international arms dealers get this close to the Presidency?

You are being lied to about Trump's "anti-establishment" credentials, and you're lapping it up.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
bird. said:
:hah: Honest question :roflmao: :roflmao:

:hah: how do you wrap your head around supporting a campaign run by someone who represents the absolute worst of crooked establishment politics? worse than hillary ? :roflmao: :roflmao:

:hah: You are comfortable letting a guy who's on friendly terms with brutal dictators and international arms dealers get this close to the Presidency? got any idea who hillary's on friendly terms with ? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

looking forward to three more months of comedy here in the poli-forum! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
donuts said:
bird. said:
:hah: Honest question :roflmao: :roflmao:

:hah: how do you wrap your head around supporting a campaign run by someone who represents the absolute worst of crooked establishment politics? worse than hillary ? :roflmao: :roflmao:

:hah: You are comfortable letting a guy who's on friendly terms with brutal dictators and international arms dealers get this close to the Presidency? got any idea who hillary's on friendly terms with ? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

looking forward to three more months of comedy here in the poli-forum! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Hillary is not campaigning as anti-establishment, and I'm not asking why you're voting AGAINST Hillary, I'm asking why you're voting FOR Trump.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
do you really think anybody in this place is actually registered to vote ? :foreheadslap:

but since you asked so nicely, people will vote for trump because he's running against the worst piece of sh!t that has actually splashed out of the toilet of the american political system in the last thirty years...

show us her legs! :dancing:

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
I don't support anything trump however, I would rather have just about any other living organism as president of the united steaks vis a vis HRC.

It's really that simple :beer:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
bird, who would you rather have as wing to try to pound chicks with at Abbot Hipster on Friday night:

A) Cory Lewandowski
B) Paul Manafort

I am thinking I could convince them Manafort was a major character in "the DeNiro gangster movie where Pesci dies".

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
bird. said:
Honest question - whether you're voting that way because you're enthusiastic about Trump or if it's something you'll do while holding your nose because you're that dedicated to keeping Hilldog out of the White House, how do you wrap your head around supporting a campaign run by someone who represents the absolute worst of crooked establishment politics? This guy is the puppet master [LINK] - Trump has admitted that he will let those around him do all the work if he wins. This is the type of person he surrounds himself with.

Paul Manafort was hired by Donald Trump to bring the wisdom of an old Washington hand to a campaign of political novices and provide expertise on the arcane art of counting convention delegates.

But beneath the image of a campaign wise man is a more complex picture of a veteran consultant who has pursued parallel careers as a lobbyist, political adviser and global dealmaker. He has parlayed political relationships around the world into an array of intricate financial transactions with billionaire oligarchs and other controversial investors that have at times spurred legal disputes.

“The technical term for what we do and what law firms, associations and professional groups do is ‘lobbying,’ ” Manafort said. “For purposes of today, I will admit that, in a narrow sense, some people might term it ‘influence peddling.’ ”
You are comfortable letting a guy who's on friendly terms with brutal dictators and international arms dealers get this close to the Presidency?

You are being lied to about Trump's "anti-establishment" credentials, and you're lapping it up.
I follow politics pretty closely and I've never heard of this guy. Having followed politics for as long as I have I've seen this tactic before.......the evil boogie man pulling the strings in the background......oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! The name Karl Rove ring a bell? Democrats always have create a boogie man.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
GromsDad said:
I follow politics pretty closely and I've never heard of this guy.
Watching a lot of Fox News/listening to conservative talk radio does not equal following politics closely. Sounds like your answer is ignorance? Thank you at least for answering honestly.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Sharkbiscuit said:
bird, who would you rather have as wing to try to pound chicks with at Abbot Hipster on Friday night:

A) Cory Lewandowski
B) Paul Manafort

I am thinking I could convince them Manafort was a major character in "the DeNiro gangster movie where Pesci dies".
Hmmm tough call... international gangster vs. skeezy groper bro. Who has the nicer car? The hipsters have been priced out, and big wheels talk.

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
Are you going to do another thread on shady Clinton associates?

Too much material, right?

:dancing:

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
GWS said:
Are you going to do another thread on shady Clinton associates?

Too much material, right?

:dancing:
You're more than welcome to if you want to. I just find it interesting that so many Trump-lovers are convinced that he's some sort of anti-establishment savior who's going to shake things up when he's surrounding himself with people who are just as in it as Hillary.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
bird. said:
GromsDad said:
Watching a lot of Fox News/listening to conservative talk radio does not equal following politics closely. Sounds like your answer is ignorance? Thank you at least for answering honestly.
You assume I watch a lot of Fox news and you assume I listen to a lot of talk radio. You know what they say about people who assume...........

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
GromsDad said:
bird. said:
GromsDad said:
You assume I watch a lot of Fox news and you assume I listen to a lot of talk radio. You know what they say about people who assume...........
Sorry, should have added Breitbart, et al. My bad.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GromsDad said:
bird. said:

I follow politics pretty closely and I've never heard of this guy. Having followed politics for as long as I have I've seen this tactic before.......the evil boogie man pulling the strings in the background......oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! The name Karl Rove ring a bell? Democrats always have create a boogie man.
Maybe if you read real news...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/politics/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html?_r=0&referer=https://t.co/2DdrfreGT6

That story ran in august.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
donuts said:
do you really think anybody in this place is actually registered to vote ? :foreheadslap:

but since you asked so nicely, people will vote for trump because he's running against the worst piece of sh!t that has actually splashed out of the toilet of the american political system in the last thirty years...

show us her legs! :dancing:
I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary, but I think your being EXTREMELY over dramatic with that statement. And most trump supporters are the same way, it's kind of funny especially when they say liberals overreact.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Clearly Manafort was just a run of the mill staffer with little involvement in Trump's campaign. That's why guys like Gromsdad and Doug have never heard of him. From October 3...

"...an indecisive Trump had initially decided on Christie after the New Jersey governor made his final case to Trump on July 12.

Christie, the first former presidential candidate to get behind Trump after a poor showing in the New Hampshire primary, had assumed a high profile role on the campaign prior to the Convention – reaching out to donors and potential high profile supporters.

Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager at the time, allegedly had another idea in mind.

Manafort had arranged for Trump to meet with his first choice for the job on July 13: Indiana Governor Mike Pence. Afterwards, the plans was for Trump and Pence to then fly back to New York together and a formal announcement would be made, a campaign source said of Manafort’s thinking.

What had previously been reported as a “lucky break” by the New York Times was actually a swift political maneuver devised by the now fired campaign manager. Set on changing Trump’s mind, he concocted a story that Trump’s plane had mechanical problems, forcing the soon-to-be Republican nominee to stay the night in Indianapolis for breakfast with the Pence family on Wednesday morning.

Swayed by Pence’s aggressive pitch, Trump agreed to ditch Christie and make Pence his VP the following day, according to a source."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-offered-chris-christie-vice-president-role-before-mike-pence/

Perhaps it's not Trump that we should be worried about? :rolleyes: