mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
GromsDad said:
mundus said:
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:
GDaddy said:
IMO it was an unethical comment to make and a counterproductive comment to make even if it could otherwise be considered justified.
When can body slamming a reporter be justified? :socrazy:

Is body slamming Nazis justified?
Does video of the incident exist? If the reporter crossed the line from being a reporter to being an antagonist and violates a person's space all bets are off. They get what they get. They are no longer able to hide behind being a "Reporter" at that point. Being a reporter isn't a license to be a dick. My reading of the incident is the reporter got in his face and bit off more than he could chew.
So you have no knowledge of the incident, yet assume the reporter is at fault?
So you have no knowledge of the incident, yet assume the Republican congressman is at fault? See how that works?
Wrong as usual, I actually follow the news I pontificate about. The congressman pled guilty to assaulting the reporter, kinda means he at fault. Are you really this stupid?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
frvcvs said:
GDaddy said:
He's clearly throwing red meat to his base with sh!t like this. And as Gromsdad and BillyOcean have proven they gobble it up like Stormy gobbled up his micropeen.

The problem now is the optics. While he can't bring himself to condemn the Saudi's for the murder for a journalist he's now in the same week praising the assault of journalist by a politician in his own country. No bueno. No bueno. But as long as his base keeps gobbling it up he'll keep doing it. I'm not sure there is a line with the savages that get on their knees for him.
sh!t, if not for this stupid thread I'd have never even heard about any of this. Stop to consider that. Your dopey sources are feeding you this stuff and tell you to get all outraged. Then here you are starting a stupid thread about it on a surfing forum. So who's gobbling what up?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
mundus said:
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:
GDaddy said:
IMO it was an unethical comment to make and a counterproductive comment to make even if it could otherwise be considered justified.

Does video of the incident exist? If the reporter crossed the line from being a reporter to being an antagonist and violates a person's space all bets are off. They get what they get. They are no longer able to hide behind being a "Reporter" at that point. Being a reporter isn't a license to be a dick. My reading of the incident is the reporter got in his face and bit off more than he could chew.
So you have no knowledge of the incident, yet assume the Republican congressman is at fault? See how that works?
I think the part about him being arrested, charged and convicted supports the at-fault theory.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:
GDaddy said:
He's clearly throwing red meat to his base with sh!t like this. And as Gromsdad and BillyOcean have proven they gobble it up like Stormy gobbled up his micropeen.

The problem now is the optics. While he can't bring himself to condemn the Saudi's for the murder for a journalist he's now in the same week praising the assault of journalist by a politician in his own country. No bueno. No bueno. But as long as his base keeps gobbling it up he'll keep doing it. I'm not sure there is a line with the savages that get on their knees for him.
sh!t, if not for this stupid thread I'd have never even heard about any of this. Stop to consider that. Your dopey sources are feeding you this stuff and tell you to get all outraged. Then here you are starting a stupid thread about it on a surfing forum. So who's gobbling what up?
Just stop and get help!

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
GDaddy said:
He's stripping away any basis the right might have for criticizing the violence from the left.
Yeah, the right never had any basis from the get-go.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
BillyOcean said:
So reporters get to be obnoxious lying douchebags and no one is supposed to body slam them?

I’m just going to call myself a reporter from now on
1st Amendment, bro. Or do (R) need another safe space?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I started the thread and I came across the article in my MSN feed. I've explained my opinions on it, and they don't include muckraking for sht to throw at Trump.

Trump doesn't need to confront the political right with the choice of either supporting him or supporting the rest of the party. There's no good reason he couldn't support both. There will be a life after Trump someday, and it's not too soon to be acting accordingly. IMO.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GDaddy said:
He's stripping away any basis the right might have for criticizing the violence from the left.
:roflmao:

Ah, the violent left!

I remember that one time when Bernie Sanders body slammed Sean Hannity, that was gnarly!

It's the violent left we should be concentrating on. :socrazy:

Can't have them running around punching Nazis just because they disagree with ethnic cleansing.

You guys are something else.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:
GDaddy said:

The body slamming of the reporter is old news. It was long out of the press until Trump brought it up.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:
GDaddy said:

Because you're a dummy stuck in a Russian Troll Farm bubble. :poke:

Any good memes based on falsehoods lately?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
You give Trump a lot of credit. Don’t you realize? He’s Chauncey Gardener.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
FecalFace said:
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:
GDaddy said:

Because you're a dummy stuck in a Russian Troll Farm bubble. :poke:

Any good memes based on falsehoods lately?
Actually its G Daddy stuck in his Russian MSN feed.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I look at it this way - Maxine Waters and others run their mouths about confronting and harassing people in public and those events start to happen IRL. Nothing good can happen when Trump runs his mouth about getting the protester at his rally out of here or liking the political candidate's body slam of a critic. Just because the "victim" of that body slam is a reporter and Trump is at war with certain elements of the press doesn't do anything but make the situation worse. For the right.

We are never going to hear the end of that asshole who ran his car down that crowded street of protesters in Charlottesville. That crime will be used as a whataboutism for all the other violence that occurred on the leftists side on that day and forevermore after that. Had that one asshole not done that they'd have to come up with some lesser example to form that talking point. We cannot afford to be adding any more fuel toward triggering such acts of violence. The risk factor of the rhetoric is already way too high.

The moral hazard may not be a convincing argument, but the IRL political fallout that will inevitably follow the moral hazard should be. Everyone involved - on both sides - would be better off in the long run if they took the longer view. IMO

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
[img:center]https://chumley.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/19/fe6733d7c21b9c74a0f65b9781aa9930_400x1000.jpg.gif[/img]

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:
GDaddy said:

Stop to consider your ignorance of this doesn’t change the fact the congressman physically assaulted someone, with not much worse than a slap on the wrist. And trump applauded and praised that violence.

Also stop and consider the fact if a Democrat even hints at violence, such as an out of context quote, you go full retard outrage over it. But if a republican, or trump does, you go full apologist and denial.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GDaddy said:
I look at it this way - Maxine Waters and others run their mouths about confronting and harassing people in public and those events start to happen IRL. Nothing good can happen when Trump runs his mouth about getting the protester at his rally out of here or liking the political candidate's body slam of a critic. Just because the "victim" of that body slam is a reporter and Trump is at war with certain elements of the press doesn't do anything but make the situation worse. For the right.

We are never going to hear the end of that asshole who ran his car down that crowded street of protesters in Charlottesville. That crime will be used as a whataboutism for all the other violence that occurred on the leftists side on that day and forevermore after that. Had that one asshole not done that they'd have to come up with some lesser example to form that talking point. We cannot afford to be adding any more fuel toward triggering such acts of violence. The risk factor of the rhetoric is already way too high.

The moral hazard may not be a convincing argument, but the IRL political fallout that will inevitably follow the moral hazard should be. Everyone involved - on both sides - would be better off in the long run if they took the longer view. IMO
I love that you were shown to be wrong about what Waters said (harassing people in public versus challenging members of Trump's administration in person) and still use the line again because it fits your story.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
everysurfr said:
GromsDad said:
mundus said:
GromsDad said:
FecalFace said:
GDaddy said:

The Congressman pled guilty. See how that works?
:roflmao:
GromsDad might just be the most systematically partisan, and idiotic, poster on this place :foreheadslap:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
StuAzole said:
GDaddy said:

I love that you were shown to be wrong about what Waters said (harassing people in public versus challenging members of Trump's administration in person) and still use the line again because it fits your story.
The thing is, it isn't just Trump officials who have been getting confronted and harassed and punched in public for their politics, and while it isn't just these politicians advocating the public assaults they're not going in the right direction when they join in the general advocacy.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
This over reaction by some on the left is due to trump's failure to send the message of safety.

He makes appeals to fear, triggers the over reaction, and then plays the victim.

It's basic psychopath 101.

It's really bad for the country.

I bet Russia is stoked!