Trump calls military brass part of the deep state

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Mr. Trump also defended his decision this month to absolve three service members of war crimes, arguing that he had "stuck up for three great warriors against the deep state." NY Times 12/9/19.

remember that parade he wanted? He’s pissed off he didn’t get it I bet

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
This is an interesting direction that he is starting to fck around w/ the military. How far will the military let it go?
If things go way sideways, such as him nullifying the election and refusing to leave office will the military step-up? American Coup

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Holy sh!t we're seeing people call for military rule here BECUZ BADORANGEMAN?

In Deep State conspiracy theory, the military is of course and integral part of the deep state. Decisions are made in order for the Pentagon to retain its power, and most importantly, it's funding. Beyond the DOD itself, think of the companies that receive so much taxpayer funding- military contractors. The Deep State is all about keeping certain people rich, and the best way to do that is through the military.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Holy sh!t we're seeing people call for military rule here BECUZ BADORANGEMAN?

In Deep State conspiracy theory, the military is of course and integral part of the deep state. Decisions are made in order for the Pentagon to retain its power, and most importantly, it's funding. Beyond the DOD itself, think of the companies that receive so much taxpayer funding- military contractors. The Deep State is all about keeping certain people rich, and the best way to do that is through the military.

The military and the MIC already run the show.

Reactions: john4surf

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
It just seems unprecedented. Publically embarrass the military on multiple fronts, eg throwing the Kurds under the bus, overruling the disciplinary command decisions at the highest level, and now calling them part of the deep state.

In the past, all I can recall, politicians bitching about giving them as much money as they want and Eisenhower's M. Industrial Complex warning, which is seemingly not so focused on the actual military. The military has been publically untouchable.

Nobody is calling for military rule. Jez, get over yourself. I just posted a question and am wondering why cheato is doing this.
Thinking it is just more crazy cheatos is a mistake, I think.

Reactions: mundus

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I missed the part where someone called for military rule

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
It just seems unprecedented. Publically embarrass the military on multiple fronts, eg throwing the Kurds under the bus, overruling the disciplinary command decisions at the highest level, and now calling them part of the deep state.

In the past, all I can recall, politicians bitching about giving them as much money as they want and Eisenhower's M. Industrial Complex warning, which is seemingly not so focused on the actual military. The military has been publically untouchable.

Nobody is calling for military rule. Jez, get over yourself. I just posted a question and am wondering why cheato is doing this.
Thinking it is just more crazy cheatos is a mistake, I think.
It is ok when Trump does it, that is the only defense the rubes have, pathetic ecuses for thinking humans

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Trump isn't making the case strongly enough that there are a lot of internal politics in the upper ranks of the officer corps, and that their relationships with the politicians can be a factor in career advancement. Timing can be an issue, too.

Supposedly, only 1% of officers make it to the rank of General/Admiral. That makes is critical to tend to all aspects of career management - including the political element.

Sooner or later Trump will be gone, and along with him all the officers who are known to be cheerleading for him. Trump will surely be followed by a Dem POTUS and that POTUS will likely be doing some payback. Way of the world. So depending on where some officer's career is and what their expectations are for the remainder of their career, opposing Trump right now might pay off over the long term.

And that doesn't include those officers who are naturally inclined to oppose such decisions independent of their personal politics.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Trump isn't making the case strongly enough that there are a lot of internal politics in the upper ranks of the officer corps, and that their relationships with the politicians can be a factor in career advancement. Timing can be an issue, too.

Supposedly, only 1% of officers make it to the rank of General/Admiral. That makes is critical to tend to all aspects of career management - including the political element.

Sooner or later Trump will be gone, and along with him all the officers who are known to be cheerleading for him. Trump will surely be followed by a Dem POTUS and that POTUS will likely be doing some payback. Way of the world. So depending on where some officer's career is and what their expectations are for the remainder of their career, opposing Trump right now might pay off over the long term.

And that doesn't include those officers who are naturally inclined to oppose such decisions independent of their personal politics.
What ever you have tell yoourself to continue supporting a crook and justifying your hypocrisy. Just think if a Dem disrespected the Military like Trump? You would be screamming at the sky.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
What ever you have tell yoourself to continue supporting a crook and justifying your hypocrisy. Just think if a Dem disrespected the Military like Trump? You would be screamming at the sky.
Stupid even for you. Do you have a bunch of slobber on your keyboard? 5/7.

He’s 100% correct. That’s how the military works.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus