Trump “delay the election”?!?!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
^^ what does that mean?
It means moderate Republican in swing district that will lose the general if they bother winning the primary #2357984579845324 is retiring and willing to speak candidly, and that candor for anyone to the left of McCarthy means thinking a President unilaterally calling to postpone an election conducted by states that didn't ask the sitting President one goddamn fckng thing about when to hold the election is authoritarian-style horseshit.

And that we suck at Rona so far.

Edit: And Biden saying the military should throw him out to allay people's fears of what will happen if he doesn't leave is bad as well. That's a bit junta/coup-ish. I'd way rather have him rage tweeting in a decaying White House, with Biden drooling on himself, and President 20th Amendment Pelosi in charge.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
According to the Constitution, Congress sets the dates of popular elections and the Electoral College election. It also specifies the last day of any President's term of office is noon on Jan. 20. This sh!t's plain as day.

Reactions: GDaddy

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Even the Federalist society called this move Fascistic and called for Trumps removal, anybody support delaying the election?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The rona might toss us a curveball on this.
We had an election during the Civil War. We had a midterm in 1918 during the Spanish Flu. We had an election during the War of 1812.

This is just like voter roll purges, closing polling stations, curtailing early voting, the guy in NC collecting absentee ballots and filling them out for the Republican, Kemp being SoS during GA's Gubernatorial election...

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
I’d be willing to bet that ridiculous tweet was to distract from the economy report
That doesn't fly. He'd been commenting similarly for weeks before this latest economy report.

However, he probably wouldn't have been elected if it wasn't for the 28.4 million mail-in ballots submitted in 2016.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It means moderate Republican in swing district that will lose the general if they bother winning the primary #2357984579845324 is retiring and willing to speak candidly, and that candor for anyone to the left of McCarthy means thinking a President unilaterally calling to postpone an election conducted by states that didn't ask the sitting President one goddamn fckng thing about when to hold the election is authoritarian-style horseshit.

And that we suck at Rona so far.

Edit: And Biden saying the military should throw him out to allay people's fears of what will happen if he doesn't leave is bad as well. That's a bit junta/coup-ish. I'd way rather have him rage tweeting in a decaying White House, with Biden drooling on himself, and President 20th Amendment Pelosi in charge.
I was referring to Hal’s contribution in his own words, “Trumby is los the plot.”, not the following tweet.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Haha, mail-in bad, absentee good...

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
According to the Constitution, Congress sets the dates of popular elections and the Electoral College election. It also specifies the last day of any President's term of office is noon on Jan. 20. This sh!t's plain as day.
And you believe congress with not abdicate its responsibility?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Calm down, not with a Dem House. I'm not even sure SCOTUS would uphold Donnie BooBoo over a contested vote. (Neither is he, I'd guess.)
If not that way I predict cheeto will boycott the election. He will push for his follows not to vote because it won't be fair... the opposition will vote him out and we can have the Constitutional crisis we are have been building towards.

Reactions: enframed

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
If not that way I predict cheeto will boycott the election. He will push for his follows not to vote because it won't be fair... the opposition will vote him out and we can have the Constitutional crisis we are have been building towards.
His followers are all show and no go, all sound and no fury, mouthy belligerents who won't follow through on their empty threats, hollow shells...just like Donnie BooBoo himself.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
And you believe congress with not abdicate its responsibility?
When you ascribe the powers of a king to someone who does not have them, it gives them the power

Caesar is coming

We need one. Congress needs to seize it's power back

I just hope we don't get an emergency dictator instead

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
When you ascribe the powers of a king to someone who does not have them, it gives them the power

Caesar is coming

We need one. Congress needs to seize it's power back

I just hope we don't get an emergency dictator instead
You have been defending him every step of the way as he attempts to set himself up has king, now you want Congress to take power back? Worst case of cognitive dissonance ever!