Trump’s Jade Helm?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
“In the spring of 2020, Mark T. Esper, the defense secretary, was alarmed to learn of an idea under discussion at a top military command and at the Department of Homeland Security to send as many as 250,000 troops — more than half the active U.S. Army, and a sixth of all American forces — to the southern border in what would have been the largest use of the military inside the United States since the Civil War.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/19/us/politics/trump-border.html?referringSource=articleShare

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
What you quoted sounds like BS but whatever. Lets say for the sake of argument its true that 250,000 troops were to be sent to the border............ What would be wrong with the military defending the border? It seems to me that DEFENDING our borders is just about the only valid use of our military. Its not the world's police or a meals on wheels program. Our military exists to defend THIS country from invasion.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What you quoted sounds like BS but whatever. Lets say for the sake of argument its true that 250,000 troops were to be sent to the border............ What would be wrong with the military defending the border? It seems to me that DEFENDING our borders is just about the only valid use of our military. Its not the world's police or a meals on wheels program. Our military exists to defend THIS country from invasion.
the self-proclaimed constitutionalist has weighed in!

lololol

you can't get more ridiculous than this

well, at least until his next post, at least...

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Looks like the clowns still haven’t learned the definition of invasion yet.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I got an emoji from Skully and one lame attempt at a response from afoaf. No attempt though to refute or debate the core of my reply. Its a real simple question so you wizards of smart should have no problem engaging. Gere it is again: What would be wrong with the military defending the border?

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Back in the Mid-Evil days they would build walls around the cities. Then there enemies would barricade them in and set the roofs on fire and all the inhabitants were trapped and burned to death. Cool story.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
You dingalings are effectively volunteers for the Trump 2024 Campaign.
magamagamaga
Both parties are doing everything they can to motivate the other party.

Biden scolding Israel… after providing them with money for bombs
Texas and abortion rulings
Trumps criminal trials (fuel for both parties)

Reactions: grapedrink

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Both parties are doing everything they can to motivate the other party.

Biden scolding Israel… after providing them with money for bombs
Texas and abortion rulings
Trumps criminal trials (fuel for both parties)
It’s not really the Democrat Party I’m talking about, it’s just the general anti-Trumpian obsession with destroying the man that’s everywhere you look. Right or wrong, it just makes the Trump MAGist’s even more determined.

As soon as Joe Biden was elected, the “progressive” collective should’ve just proceeded to ignore the man as best as possible.

Unfortunately, most “progressives” are petty little bitches who just cannot stand to be talked back to.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
It’s not really the Democrat Party I’m talking about, it’s just the general anti-Trumpian obsession with destroying the man that’s everywhere you look. Right or wrong, it just makes the Trump MAGist’s even more determined.

As soon as Joe Biden was elected, the “progressive” collective should’ve just proceeded to ignore the man as best as possible.

Unfortunately, most “progressives” are petty little bitches who just cannot stand to be talked back to.
Stop whining bitch.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019

Maybe that’s how it’ll play out in 2024. But in 2020 the anti-Trump energy overpowered MAGA determination.

The abortion issue specifically seems to motivate voters…

Reactions: need 4 speed