Trumby found out that Russia was offering bounties to kill U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.....

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
That is not the issue.

Even if no one dies, it's still treasonous.
Expand. How? Did Trump tell Putin to put a bounty on US soldiers?

Obama had a bounty on Bin Laden and other ISIS/Al Qaeda. Bush had a bounty on Iraqi generals and such.

I guess we should now have a bounty on Putin and other high ranking Russians? Not to mention Iranians, NK leaders, and assorted other terrorists groups in the Middle East, and Northern Africa. I'm sure we can add more to the list.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Well, except even the White House accepts it is true, only they say that Donnie didn't know about it.
I thought you had me on ignore? Welcome back, if it lasts.

It looks like the bounty wasn't specifically on US soldiers but on ALL NATO troops in the region (which include US).

Russian agents have done similar in Iraq and Iran for many years now. Should we go after Bush and Obama for "treason" too?

And, this is not really news. It's been known for a while that Russia was funding/arming Taliban......

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43533138

And well before Trump stepped into the prez office......(Feb. 2017)

https://www.npr.org/2017/02/13/515020244/why-is-russia-helping-anti-u-s-insurgents-in-afghanistan

Last edited:

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA

It looks like the bounty wasn't specifically on US soldiers but on ALL NATO troops in the region (which include US).

Russian agents have done similar in Iraq and Iran for many years now. Should we go after Bush and Obama for "treason" too?

least there's a record of that. unlike Cheeto's two meetings with Putin in person where he tore up the translators notes after

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Expand. How? Did Trump tell Putin to put a bounty on US soldiers?

Obama had a bounty on Bin Laden and other ISIS/Al Qaeda. Bush had a bounty on Iraqi generals and such.

I guess we should now have a bounty on Putin and other high ranking Russians? Not to mention Iranians, NK leaders, and assorted other terrorists groups in the Middle East, and Northern Africa. I'm sure we can add more to the list.
You counter with three non sequiturs.

The treason is that trump is trying to get Putin back into the G7 while Putin is trying to kill American soldiers.

I don't know how one could reconcile those things.

Reactions: afoaf

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

And, this is not really news. It's been known for a while that Russia was funding/arming Taliban......

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43533138
You're back on ignore after this post. There were so many posts quoting you, I wanted to see what was up.

You can "what about Obama " all you like. Putin putting a bounty on our soldiers is nothing new.

The difference is Obama knew it, and sanctioned Russia because of it.

Trump knew it, removed sanctions and invited Putin to the Whitehouse in spite of it.

What happened to "Protect and Defend"

I know you won't give an honest answer, so bye bye

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You counter with three non sequiturs.

The treason is that trump is trying to get Putin back into the G7 while Putin is trying to kill American soldiers.

I don't know how one could reconcile those things.
Article 3:
"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Article 3:
"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."
Good luck on impeachment 3, no, 4, or is it 5.0 now?

Bring out the war drums again, Dem boyz and girlz.

We're in for another 3 ring circus of distraction, just in time for the Durham report to come out in the next month or 2.

Biden (and Obama) are getting desperate, because the smoking gun on Biden is revealed. "What, I didn't call for the Logan Act on Flynn. I knew nothing".

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Good luck on impeachment 3, no, 4, or is it 5.0 now?

Bring out the war drums again, Dem boyz and girlz.

We're in for another 3 ring circus of distraction, just in time for the Durham report to come out in the next month or 2.

Biden (and Obama) are getting desperate, because the smoking gun on Biden is revealed. "What, I didn't call for the Logan Act on Flynn. I knew nothing".

Durham report....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Also, what would it take for you to say something critical of Dear Leader? Obviously there's no rock bottom.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I've already been critical of Trump dozens of times. But his actions speak louder than his mangled words, and that's mostly what I want from a president. Action, not promises and platitudes. Dems are all PC, all the time, and no substance.

I leave the criticizing to you guys. It's all you got left. You have no solutions, just criticism and "correcting" of freedoms.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
What do you think was happening under Obama while Russia was funding anti-US insurgents in Afghanistan?

https://www.npr.org/2017/02/13/515020244/why-is-russia-helping-anti-u-s-insurgents-in-afghanistan

Sounds like dozens of Benghazis to me.

"February 13, 2017"

This is your flimsiest and stupidest attempt yet at making a point.

This story came out on Trumby's watch. What did he do to rectify it? Not only did he do nothing, he asked the russians to get more involved in Syria.

In addition, Obama wasn't actively lobbying on behalf of the Russian government to get them back into the G8. Do you really not see the difference?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
"It couldn’t be determined whether Russian bounties paid to Taliban fighters resulted in any American combat deaths in Afghanistan."

But the leftist MSM and their suck-ups sure hopes there was.
equivocating as usual

it appears that one somehow does not chafe when fkng chickens because this guy NEVER gives up!

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
"February 13, 2017"

This is your flimsiest and stupidest attempt yet at making a point.

This story came out on Trumby's watch. What did he do to rectify it? Not only did he do nothing, he asked the russians to get more involved in Syria.

In addition, Obama wasn't actively lobbying on behalf of the Russian government to get them back into the G8. Do you really not see the difference?
That story came out just days after Trump stepped into office (literally less than a month). It had been going on long before he we was elected and fully under Obama's watch and his "more freedom to work with Vladimir after his next election (in 2012)" comment in full bloom.

Obama had all the time in the world to stop Russian funding of Taliban between 2012 and 2016. Why didn't he do squat? We had WAY more US soldier deaths during that period, than during Trumps last 3 1/2 years.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Trump and that story came out just days after Trump stepped into office. It had been going on long before he we was elected and fully under Obama's watch and his "more freedom to work with Vladimir after his next election (in 2012)" comment in full bloom.

Obama had all the time in the world to stop Russian funding of Taliban between 2012 and 2016. Why didn't he do squat? We had WAY more US soldier deaths during that period, than during Trumps last 3 1/2 years.

Was there evidence of that happening during Obama's term? Link?

And you dodged the question......even if Obama did fail.....what did Trumby do? He not only did nothing, he made things even worse than they were when Obama was in office.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
equivocating as usual

it appears that one somehow does not chafe when fkng chickens because this guy NEVER gives up!
A dotard with rapidly encroaching dementia, a kindered spirit with Trump

Last edited:

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Was there evidence of that happening during Obama's term? Link?

And you dodged the question......even if Obama did fail.....what did Trumby do? He not only did nothing, he made things even worse than they were when Obama was in office.
How did he "make things even worse" from Jan 2017 to today June 2020?

US fatalities in Afghanistan 2013-2016 (Jan-Dec, 48 months) : 210

US fatalities in Afghanistan 2017-2020 (so far, 42 months) : 63

You don't want to know how many US soldier deaths there were in Obama's first term in Afghanistan ALONE
(okay here it is: 1519).

Much worse the even Bush's 2 terms (2001-2008) combined : 564. (though he had Iraq to make up for it)