Trouble in Paradise: FBI Raids Home of Epstein Linked Clinton Donor and conservative America collectively sh!ts its pants in unison…

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think trump behind bars would lif the mood of the country and help us start to heal. What do you think?
No and no. Trump behind bars would lift the mood of GOP consultants locked out by Trump and the rest of the GOP fundraising and PR/damage control apparatus. There'd be a news cycle or two of euphoria, then everyone on the left with two brain cells to rub together would see that DeSantis polls stronger and, like W Bush, would do more damage than Trump ever could.

The Right is already unhinged and raving but this would not help matters. The country is going to be more diverse and less Christian and they're going to have a long-term meltdown as they're confronted with this reality.

And the left/(D) are actively taking donor money and running ads for Steal Stoppers to help their electoral prospects so there's no shortage of opportunism and cynicism run amok.

@Pico Trump is going to run. He gets mountains of money and galaxies of attention. Come up with something I feel like betting and I'll accept - but we're not on until I accept the terms of the bet.

Reactions: Aruka and Sharky

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Trump better play Neicy nice with Biden and DeSantis because he's going to expect a pardon

After his convicted of course

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Trump better play Neicy nice with Biden and DeSantis because he's going to expect a pardon

After his convicted of course
DeSantis needs Trump's voters. He has to play nice no matter what. He can do well in Florida and maybe some "odd" states like Minnesota where Trump doesn't play relative to a moderate like Rubio who won there last time. But there are a ton of states where people don't know DeSantis and Trump is a star.

Trump is like Obama to DeSantis's Hillary. One is a celebrity. One is boring as sin and so weak a campaigner, he almost lost to Andrew Gillum.

If DeSantis throws Trump under the bus and 3-5% of the GOP-leaning electorate stays home, the (D) win comfortably.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
DeSantis needs Trump's voters. He has to play nice no matter what. He can do well in Florida and maybe some "odd" states like Minnesota where Trump doesn't play relative to a moderate like Rubio who won there last time. But there are a ton of states where people don't know DeSantis and Trump is a star.

Trump is like Obama to DeSantis's Hillary. One is a celebrity. One is boring as sin and so weak a campaigner, he almost lost to Andrew Gillum.

If DeSantis throws Trump under the bus and 3-5% of the GOP-leaning electorate stays home, the (D) win comfortably.
doofus potus has enough juice left to ruin DeSantis !! :) )

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

JTS

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 22, 2004
There have been a couple of people I’ve known (1 is actually a relative) who always describe themselves as either a HERO or a MARTYR in every exchange.
Trump has always been that way. Go look at everything he has ever tweeted, posted or whatever. He always describes himself as either the hero or being martyred by his enemies. I don’t know but it sounds like an exhausting existence, or maybe just a mental illness

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

I think DeSantis has what it takes to loose.

He lacks trump's goofy wit, which I think is the key to his success.

So I think I am agreeing with you? :dancing:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think DeSantis has what it takes to loose.

He lacks trump's goofy wit, which I think is the key to his success.

So I think I am agreeing with you? :dancing:
DeSantis has what it takes to loose, sure.

So does basically every Democrat hitherto discussed in 2024. Kamala is loose juice. Brandon is loser sauce. Gruesome Newsom, I don't see him winning Georgia or Arizona. I'm so old I remember when the (D) chatting class was talking down to anyone who didn't think Andrew Cuomo was going to be President one day. LOLOLOLOL

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
that's ALL these guys did, too:

Harold Martin
Nghia Hoang Pho
Asia Janay Lavarello
Izaak Vincent Kem
Reality Winner
Bradley Manning

and every one of them went to prison :shrug:
The most recent I can think of politician wise is Sandy Berger.

He put docs in his socks.

I think he got a year probation.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The most recent I can think of politician wise is Sandy Berger.

He put docs in his socks.

I think he got a year probation.
Was the left calling for Civil War because he got lawfully searched?

you know it's bad when USA Today is putting the boots to you

Hal this article is pure dogshit. Or at least the opening paragraph is.

There is no alternate John McCain presidency where Republicans were enthused about corporations and the wealthy paying their "fair share" of taxes, or dealing with climate crisis, or negotiating Medicare drug prices.

It was W's Second Term when Medicare prescription benefit expansion passed in the first place.

McCain most likely would have potato'd us into a war with Iran while escalating in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Most of the sentient life in the GOP is fighting the same ideological battle W, Jeb, and Rubio saw ages ago: if you can put down the rabid episodes because "Press 2 for Spanish" there is a hard-working Catholic constituency ripe for the taking from the incompetent outreach produced by the (D). More like outreacharound.