Travel Bags: FCS vs Creatures

gsidman

OTF status
Jan 25, 2012
Looking at the FCS Travel 2 and the Creatures of Leisure Shortboard Travel DT2.0. I can't notice a great deal of different between the two, other than the FCS has a white panel that might be good for sun/hot days. Any experience or thoughts?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Pro lite are the best.

Picked this one up pre indo, and it was money:

Fits 4 boards no problem, no damage and its light enough to still come under weight.
Bonus its a surfer owned company

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Pro lite are the best.

Picked this one up pre indo, and it was money:

Fits 4 boards no problem, no damage and its light enough to still come under weight.
Bonus its a surfer owned company
SC I would saddle up and buy that 4 board coffin if I went on dream trip but nice 2 board 6'3" rhino is compact plenty of room for 2x boards +board socks+daybag=no dings and room for rash shirt, towells, sandals, dafins, leashes, fins, wax yet still light.

gsidman

OTF status
Jan 25, 2012
I have a prolite but the strap started to rip after two trips. Looking to try something different.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I have one of these: https://www.creatures-usa.com/collections/triple/products/triple-shortboard-cover

I like it a lot. I got it several years ago, it has been on many trips and it's holding up well. No board damage so far. It's like 4-5# lighter than other similar bags which is the main reason I chose it over PL. I don't have much to compare against as it is/was my first serious travel bag.
Creatures seems to taper their bags more to the typical outline, which saves a lot of unneeded material and weight. It also tells you a lot that they are willing to post the actual weight of the bag, which a lot of manufacturers won’t do.