Traction Pad Affecting Magic of New Boar?

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Kinda tempted by the ones that have an arch but then flat on the sides. Would have to see them in person. Dion Agiis, chippa, or Dylan graves. Anyone tried one of those??
The dion agius ii was a bit slippery. Not a big fan of corduroy over the entire length of the pad. Just put on an agius III which has corduroy front half, ridges back half. Feels pretty amazing, easy foot adjustment but plenty grip towards the kick. Really like the subtle arch feeling of the thicker center strip.

Chippa II had a heavy arch, ended up removing the square grooves on the middle and it feels perfect now.

Both chippa II and agius iii have a 45° to vertical kick which gives a really nice, locked in feeling.

Nerding out on an overpriced piece of EVA foam hahaha

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Anyone ever lightly sand before applying a traction?

I never have but given the typical surface prep we do everywhere else, maybe we should?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Anyone ever lightly sand before applying a traction?

I never have but given the typical surface prep we do everywhere else, maybe we should?
sometimes i rub the area down with a little iso alcohol, let dry and then wipe with clean cloth.

many customs arrive with a nice layer of sanding dust and so cleaning that off before applying traction is key i think.

i haven't had a pad peel in ages.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Das one sexy Haydenshralps. Perfect pad placement too. Roberts fins? Ted you're after my own heart.
heck yea dude. after a missed delivery attempt yesterday, I took it into my own hands and drove to the FedEx sorting facility today to pick it up myself! mad props to you for dealing with shipping to the PNW all the time for your boards

Reactions: Aruka

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Creatures Mick Fanning for normal boards
FCS Julian Wilson for wide tailed boards
Creatures Collapinto for pin tailed boards
Octopus corduroy for that the retro feel (much less grippy than the above)

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Mine always peel in the exact same area of the flat to ramp transition. That is my tail pad cancer. seems the pad either has the issue or doesn’t near immediately after application.

I just wipe with alcohol and let dry before applying.

Reactions: MathDebater

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
Mine always peel in the exact same area of the flat to ramp transition. That is my tail pad cancer. seems the pad either has the issue or doesn’t near immediately after application.

I just wipe with alcohol and let dry before applying.
Not sure if this is what you’re referring to, but I cut off the side cut edges on the pad’s tail block. This seems to prevent the thicker kick from popping up from the tail’s curve

Last edited: