Too soon?

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
How long will it take President Newsome and his pen to mandate an all electric US Armed Forces?

Or, maybe it's possible that even he isn't that stupid.......I doubt it

• Love
Reactions: npsp

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
during Sandy, there were long lines for gas even after gas stations reopened
i remember waiting on line for hours in anticipation of the gas station getting an expected delivery

my mother in law never lost power, so I knew we could go back and forth to charge phones and other stuff, but we didn’t know how long we’d have a hard time finding gas

and ice wasn’t easily found either, so if I couldn’t find any within a few miles bicycling, I knew I might need to drive around a lot looking for ice

The gas shortage continued even after we had power back
it was pretty surreal

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
my hybrid Prius rocks in power outages - will literally run continuously for 5+ days on a full tank, while charging every device in the house. :jamon:

• Wow
Reactions: manbearpig

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
So that's about 1 iPad, 1 iPod, 1 iPhone and 17 iColon Massagers?
omg lololol sussle likes to touch his butt and butts are ghey so sussle is obviously queer lolololol

Charming Sophisticate, ladies and gentlemen...always with the most incisive hot takes!

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Oh jeez, another thread where GromsDad steps on his own dick.

What do gas stations run on, air?

it's beyond me why more people don't have a solar generator back up in hurricane zones.
It's simple and cheap and you never run out of juice, especially if you're in the "sunshine state".

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
So that's about 1 iPad, 1 iPod, 1 iPhone and 17 iColon Massagers?
wow, you seem to know more than i would ever wish to know about Apple devices and where to put them - there are no Apple devices in my house. i can run/charge phones, tablets, laptops, lamps, fans etc off the inverter plug-in in my car - never tried any bigger appliances, not sure about the max output.

in lieu of actually replacing my gas generator with some kind of solar set-up - we'll get to that someday - was wondering about the feasibility of putting some kind of muffler on it. it's loud as a mofo, and then add the sound of 5 or 6 of my neighbor's generators and it's noisy as sh!t on my street until the power comes back on.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
This needed a thread.

How long before fatso starts blaming Biden for hurricane Ian?
He misses the days when we had a Prez who could just redirect a hurricane with a wave of his Sharpie. Things were simpler then, everything was tweeted to him in terms he could understand. now he has to make up the talking points on his own, and as we can see, he's really not very good at this part.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
He misses the days when we had a Prez who could just redirect a hurricane with a wave of his Sharpie. Things were simpler then, everything was tweeted to him in terms he could understand. now he has to make up the talking points on his own, and as we can see, he's really not very good at this part.
Good times.

1664508860459.gif

Reactions: hal9000