Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
View attachment 136609

Got these reactors yesterday for a different board but tried them first on the Revo. I may never take them off.

Tried MR twins plus trailer on the Revo and the loss of drive compared to quads was substantial. Also, could be a technique thing but it felt like I couldn’t dig into turns as much with the 2+1.
I dont think its a technique thing. Could be a preference thing though?

When I tried the 2+1 Slater fins in the Revo is had no drive and didnt feel good at all. The Slater 2+1 are pretty upright, so maybe a bigger rakier fin would work, but not sure.

I did like the big twin fronts with medium performer rears... or the big twin fronts with a small thruster fin. I actually think the twin fronts with a small thuster fin worked extremely well, but did not have the same drive as the quad. IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Some friends commented on how it looks like "too much fin" with both of those setups above... but i thought both setups felt really good.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I've been using large AMs and performer rears and like it a lot. The reactors were really good though, same generous drive but I want to say had more control.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I think the reactors are a much better fin for that board. I have the von sol stilletos in mine... but I think i'm going to get a set of reactors to try.

Reactions: JDJ and estreet

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Having tried them a few times the reactors do seem perfect for the Revo. Tons of drive, tight turns, and easy control. In the interview with Tomo on youtube, he talks about rear hatchet fins for drive but it has so much drive already that it seems unnecessary. I've never tried hachety fins though, so I'm not sure how they would affect turning and predictable control. I assume tight turns would be somewhat harder.

Reactions: JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Having tried them a few times the reactors do seem perfect for the Revo. Tons of drive, tight turns, and easy control. In the interview with Tomo on youtube, he talks about rear hatchet fins for drive but it has so much drive already that it seems unnecessary. I've never tried hachety fins though, so I'm not sure how they would affect turning and predictable control. I assume tight turns would be somewhat harder.
When I first got the Revo the K2 fin with Tomo rear hatchets was my favorite. But when I went to El Sal, it actually didnt feel good at all. The waves had so much power and were moving so fast that it didnt pivot the way I wanted it... thats when i switched to the Stilletos and it felt much much better. I think a nice pivot fin works well in the Revo. Like you said... it has a lot of speed already, you kind of just need a fin that will turn and pivot.

Reactions: estreet

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
eh i like it. Maybe try a piece of cardboard on the stripes so its cleaner but still messy and not taped off?

My friend was doing some cool designs using that technique, holding the edge of the cardboard so there's a cleanish line but still some fuzz to it

Reactions: ReForest

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
I don’t know why, but every time I paint a board my family says it looks like sh!t!. What do you guys think?

sh!t…maybe try find another family then;) - If you’re stocked on it then doesn’t matter what they or anyone else thinks. But if you really want a critical eye, it looks like you taped off the stringer a little crooked. But who cares, it’ll be covered with wax anyway. I say just leave it!

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I think it looks fine deforest. gives the boar some personality. agree next attempt tape off the lines to make em cleaner

Reactions: santacruzin