Tomo MPH

Jun 30, 2015
I've had some time to think about this and its not a groveler. I think a concave bottom board will definitely be faster in smaller waves than a Vee bottom, but you can make the board work in small waves if you wanted to.

I feel like the ideal conditions for this board are pretty broad, but I think you'd have an upper hand on other boards when you have a flat or mushy wave with a little bit of push. I think the channels through the Vee help this board plane on top of the water well, and it turns on rail so good, that as long as you have a little push you could be doing nice smooth "S" carves and carrying speed through your turns, when other concave boards would have a hard time getting on rail because of the mushy and flat face. We just had a nice long period ground swell with not a lot of size and the board felt so good. Catching waves was no problem at all and cutting through a little onshore chop was not a problem either.

Just like most of Tomo's boards there is a lot of overlap in where this board would fit in the quiver. I think of the SKX and Hydroshort as mini-step up boards for when the waves get above head high - especially the Hydroshort. I would not think the Revo has the same hold in bigger waves as a Hydroshort or SKX (because its so small) but since no one has ridden it in big waves I think its hard to say. But I don't think it was intended to be ridden in big surf.

So I'd say 2-6ft range. Ideal everyday waves conditions. Excels in mushy waves with a little push. Best as a quad or 2 +1.

I guess that's my mini review. lol.
Thanks for the review, I'm a cymatic fan for good waves, and wondered of the Revo will be my step down from that for smaller waves? How would you compare the 2? Should I add a litre or two from my Cymatic?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks for the review, I'm a cymatic fan for good waves, and wondered of the Revo will be my step down from that for smaller waves? How would you compare the 2? Should I add a litre or two from my Cymatic?
I think the ideal size is the same height and volume as you would ride your Cymatic, but you can absolutely size it up and use it for a smaller wave range.

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
yes. Reactor quad rears medium.
$25 shipped. Dm me for PayPal or venmo.

@racer1…. when you said medium “reactor” rears I think you meant medium “performer”.
:LOL::foreheadslap::cry:

14F4599A-1017-4BB5-933C-BC16AFBA6FF4.jpegI

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr, JDJ and jkb

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I was going to correct you guys when I saw the reactor/performer confusion because if they'd been reactor rears I would have swooped on them a while ago but i was like, "ah, they'll definitely realize the mistake before doing the deal".

Oops.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I was going to correct you guys when I saw the reactor/performer confusion because if they'd been reactor rears I would have swooped on them a while ago but i was like, "ah, they'll definitely realize the mistake before doing the deal".

Oops.
I noticed it too, probably because I was trying to get my hands on some reactor rears recently. Just figured racer was gaslighting or something.:shrug:

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
These could be fun if you want upright trailers:

Reactions: ReForest and jkb

HSY

OTF status
Aug 15, 2011
Correct. The theory was to try a Rake fin up front and an upright fin in the back (the JKB special). But now Racer is forcing me to try an upright fin in front and a rake fin in the rear. :LOL:
Do you have a set of controllers? you could use those rears for an extremely upright rear. They're also 80/20 foil which adds a variable though. I feel like they wouldn't work well with front fins other than controllers, but you never know.

Reactions: ReForest and jkb

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
The
Do you have a set of controllers? you could use those rears for an extremely upright rear. They're also 80/20 foil which adds a variable though. I feel like they wouldn't work well with front fins other than controllers, but you never know.
They work well in that role. I've used them as quad rears with various fronts.

Reactions: HSY