Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
OB1 has a good amount of rocker. X-wing has less rocker. But OB1 turns more easily. @oeste858 has an X-wing and I think he likes it for the waves about SD.

Dan on the X-wing. It was a japan only edition, but he made it available for custom. I've always wanted one, so maybe that's why im saying go OB1. lol.

http://instagr.am/p/BuzVCWVBnFz/

Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I wonder if the Nano V3 rocker is the same as the OB1.

I was surprised by the amount of nose flip in the new Nano. It's not extreme but noticeably more than the original.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Used calipers on a FW Revo at HSS, and thickness is definitely being measured at the spine of the vee. The stock 5’6 on Dan’s website is 2 1/2, and my custom too. The 5’6 FW Revo rails felt just like mine. But it was listed as being thicker.

When I used the calipers on the midpoint spine, it came out at the listed thickness. But when I moved the calipers up slightly to the front foot area where the spine goes away, the calipers read 2 1/2 on the dot. And no this was not due to the foil.

Reactions: Havoc

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Pretty decent amount of Vee in the new Revo. Verrrrry interesting bottom. I've never ridden a board with Vee all the way through and the turnability it pretty crazy. You lean into a turn and the thing just goes!

Reactions: JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
nice lawn but you're not doin it any favors by parking your SUV on it. you buy the FW Revo?
Yes sir! Got one!

Yeah...the wife parks in the middle (she thinks she owns the driveway) and I had crap in the back to unload so I parked it in the grass. lol.

Reactions: tedshred5

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Oh... and the iBolic construction feels like an XTR Stringerless EPS Epoxy. Nice flex and rebound. Wayyyy better than LFT and Helium (IMO).

Oct 5, 2021
Hey Reforest, Do you prefer this FW version to your Tomo one or too early to say? How does it compare against your HS and SKX for low end grovelling, speed and upper wave range. I still haven’t pushed the buy button on Sci fi 2 and am torn between this and Sci fi which I assume will be released in the new tech shortly so keen to hear thoughts on wave range and performance. Looking for something to cover thigh to head high but can make a late drop in steeper surf Revo looks like it could be great with increased rocker

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
The Revo grovels. Even with the increased rocker, it's still a board on the lower end, but it can be pushed more than the Evo. I noticed no difference on the low end between the Evo and the Revo.

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I don’t know how close the SF2 is to the Cymatic- I always joked that they just added a pointy nose- but I didn’t like the Cymatic or SP2 unless the waves have some punch. Waist to HH, in the right conditions, it’s one of the most fun designs I’ve had.
FWIW Evo was better in weaker/ slopey waves for me.

Reactions: ReForest