Tomo MPH

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Loving the LimeMAX rails with the PhotonVERTEstix centre core. Together, I bet that helps you enter a new dimension of sub-parallel reversed vortex flex equilibrium. Can't wait to try!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sh3

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
@Goodfish laugh it up Goodfish... If Kelly gets ahold of one and start ripping on it, you may find yourself perusing the Firewire site for your very own.

@montygoesbananas Yes... new tech. I saw some old video of Kelly at Keramas with something weird looking and I think I may have caught a glimpse of it.

• Love
Reactions: Goodfish

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Check out the board that Strider is holding. Looks like High Density Foam rails and HD down the middle.
I think this might be the new tech.

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

Reactions: tarpon and SD_Dan

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
6 months ago, I had the chance to meet the Firewire Rep while on their tour to introduce the new 22 models and the new Ibolic tech. Showed us a 5'6 Revo and the new Mashup. Revo felt the best. Not too light. It seemed like a solid construction to me. They were craving about the Mashup. Put an order for a 5'6 Revo. It should be arriving anytime soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
6 months ago, I had the chance to meet the Firewire Rep while on their tour to introduce the new 22 models and the new Ibolic tech. Showed us a 5'6 Revo and the new Mashup. Revo felt the best. Not too light. It seemed like a solid construction to me. They were craving about the Mashup. Put an order for a 5'6 Revo. It should be arriving anytime soon.
The Mashup looks great, but doesn't surf the way I thought it would. It feels very loose and has a lot of foam with a flat rocker.

The Revo looks intense! Cant wait to try. Nice score on that info. I thought that was classified "top secret". lol

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Sorry. The reason I showed that photo of Dane was to enforce the idea that tail shapes do matter and do change the feel of the board. Which is why Dane wanted to remove the last 4 inches. Tomo did a blog post about this (which is were I got the photo). Lots of good info in his old blog posts!

Posted by Tomo at 2:01 AM |

Traditional logic tells us that a wide tail or 'pod' will provide a board with a high planing speed potential however will be slidely, poor control and pop out. Sound about right?

I came across this new model Dane Reynolds ingeniously engineered with a hand saw. I like Dane, he is doing the most amazing futuristic surfing on the planet and he is taking upon himself to redesign his own equipment with no tools other than his own intuition.

The only function that the last 4inches " of tail of a traditional (dinosaur) shortboard is provide drag. see http://marinelayerproductions.com for evidence of a clear improvement in a dated design, with simple reduction of un-neccesary surface area.
Good work Dane!!
The last 4" of tail also provide rail line. Widening the tail provides lift. I've seen as many explanations of surfboard hydrodynamic principles as there are shapers. I'm not sure this has ever really been studied or formalized.

Reactions: ReForest

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
No way! The new tech is supposedly better than the last tech and it contains the best bits of the last two! Noh whey!

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
The last 4" of tail also provide rail line. Widening the tail provides lift. I've seen as many explanations of surfboard hydrodynamic principles as there are shapers. I'm not sure this has ever really been studied or formalized.
First concept , Speed
You go faster across the wave ! Compared to going straight in !
Going straight in you are only going at the speed of the swell :drowning: pretty dang slow