Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Stoked on this one. I know its been posted here before, but not in this tech.

Haven't ridden it yet, but I did notice that the nose and tail are more pulled in the Evo, and the rails are not as boxy and full as the Evo. Also, the channels go all the way up to the nose (like the Evo) which I really like. Im guessing the rocker will be the same or similar. Cant wait to try it out. Waves were pretty fun today so i hope tomorrow is the same. :jamon::jamon:

REVO (3).jpgREVO (1).jpg

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014

Haven't ridden it yet, but I did notice that the nose and tail are more pulled in the Evo, and the rails are not as boxy and full as the Evo. Also, the channels go all the way up to the nose (like the Evo) which I really like. Im guessing the rocker will be the same or similar. Cant wait to try it out. Waves were pretty fun today so i hope tomorrow is the same. :jamon::jamon:

View attachment 122335View attachment 122336
Sick! What you gonna order next?

Jan 12, 2022
Oregon
Morning all, I’ve been lurking in this thread for a while. Lots of good stuff to read. I’m in the market for a new board. I’ve never owned a Tomo. My wife and daughter are on FW Omni’s still and both love them (both were snapped by a friend and repaired with a carbon band over two years ago). I’d classify myself as a intermediate Oregon surfer, I never get barreled, I don’t release the fins…just an average shitty Oregon surfer. I’m kinda looking for a do it all board for our really shifty beach breaks here. I’ll ride it from waist to head and a half. I’m wearing a 5/4 hooded suit, booties etc, I’m 6’2” and over 200 pounds (188cm and 90 kg for you folks that use units of science). I’ve been riding some Lost Lib tech boards for the last few years that are in the 37L range. I’m finding I want a higher volume board in the 39-41 range as I’m getting older and struggling at times to get waves. Looking to go the XTR route or FW timbertek as I’m really hard on boards and know to snap-em. What’s everyone’s thoughts on:

OB1- 6’
Review-6’
Evo- 5’-11”

thanks for any help and if I’ve posted this in the wrong place please tell me to **** off

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021
Morning all, I’ve been lurking in this thread for a while. Lots of good stuff to read. I’m in the market for a new board. I’ve never owned a Tomo. My wife and daughter are on FW Omni’s still and both love them (both were snapped by a friend and repaired with a carbon band over two years ago). I’d classify myself as a intermediate Oregon surfer, I never get barreled, I don’t release the fins…just an average shitty Oregon surfer. I’m kinda looking for a do it all board for our really shifty beach breaks here. I’ll ride it from waist to head and a half. I’m wearing a 5/4 hooded suit, booties etc, I’m 6’2” and over 200 pounds (188cm and 90 kg for you folks that use units of science). I’ve been riding some Lost Lib tech boards for the last few years that are in the 37L range. I’m finding I want a higher volume board in the 39-41 range as I’m getting older and struggling at times to get waves. Looking to go the XTR route or FW timbertek as I’m really hard on boards and know to snap-em. What’s everyone’s thoughts on:

OB1- 6’
Review-6’
Evo- 5’-11”

thanks for any help and if I’ve posted this in the wrong place please tell me to **** off
What age are you? I am 48, 172 pounds (78 kilo) and riding the EVO 5'5 (and Hydrodynamica GMM2 5'6) in mostly mushy beach breaks. I hardly have problems getting into the waves (1-5 ft) overhere. Since the rails are fairly thick I wouldn't go to big on an EVO. Maybe a 5'9 or 5'10? Or try the Revo in 5'10/5'11 (https://epoxysurfboards.com/product/tomo-revo-xtr-surfboards/). We are awaiting @ReForest his ride report. But from what I read the Revo is more refined.

Reactions: Tdmsurf

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

OB1- 6’
Review-6’
Evo- 5’-11”

Pm aruka he has/tried ever board and lives in NW and.........
Show

Apr 29, 2013
Oregon

OB1- 6’
Review-6’
Evo- 5’-11”

Fellow Oregon surfer here. I think many on this forum will freak out on the concept of >6 foot Tomo's. And I've not surfed any of these really short Tomos that they do in SoCal and perfect tropical reefs/points. I do surf some shorter grovel boards, 5'8 to 5'10 in mellow summer conditions. The suck for paddling through a bunch of windchop. I find in Oregon we never have the luxury of a defined takeoff spot. We also have a lot water moving around with tides, wind, neoprene...yada-yada. I'm moving toward a bit more length 6+. I am anxiously waiting for DeForest report on the Tomo Revo as that thing looks da sh!t. I've got a buddy with a Omni that I've been able to ride a bit and it is really good board at 6 or 6'2. But can't image not having my CI Waterhog for the days/spots where the water is really moving around. Hard to beat length when it comes to paddlin.

Reactions: Tdmsurf

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014

OB1- 6’
Review-6’
Evo- 5’-11”

Have you ever considered a 6'8 GMM2 for a bit of extra glide and float?

Us

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
@ReForest - if this board works for you, I'd suggest you order a summer board like the GMM2. Here's how to size it (while ignoring the joyous input that @Goodfish is known for): Size your GMM2 about 5'5" & for width go with whatever your Revo is. For thickness, go 1/8" thicker than whatever your Revo is. Beyond that, everything else stock. Don't ask for special rails, or rocker, or anything else. Go stock as much as possible. I think this would be incredible for you.

-Sh3

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I've posted here that I think you can ride a Tomo at more length, especially because you're 6'2. None of the dimensions you've suggested strike me as overkill. I would probably ride a 6'0 Revo before a 5'11 Evo. Volume will be comparable but Revo stretches a little easier with the more narrow nose and tail.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC

View attachment 122335View attachment 122336
You're stocked. That one turned out really nice.

• Love
Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
@JDJ The Revo is pretty sweet! I agree the length stretched out a bit is nice. A little better paddle power and more control (less skatey).

@sh3 I haven't given up on the GMM2. I just didn't expect that board to have such a wide tail. You and @jkb must really like those wide asses :ROFLMAO: (just teasing). I think your right about more length though. But all in good time .

First things first... ride the crap outta this Revo! haha :jamon::jamon: