Tomo MPH

Nov 27, 2020
What fins are you guys riding in Hydroshort? I got a custom from xtr a few months ago and just haven’t clicked with it yet. I Was running blacksticks and then jordy larges and then switched over to quad with Hayden rears. Bought it to try and surf a bit more vertically compared to evo but feels real fast and out of control so far. Really want to like the board as it feels great when it does what I want it to do haha

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Anyway, thats been my experience. I’ve never tried a Tomo on which large Merrick thrusters didn’t work.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
What fins are you guys riding in Hydroshort? I got a custom from xtr a few months ago and just haven’t clicked with it yet. I Was running blacksticks and then jordy larges and then switched over to quad with Hayden rears. Bought it to try and surf a bit more vertically compared to evo but feels real fast and out of control so far. Really want to like the board as it feels great when it does what I want it to do haha
Not ridden a HydroShort, but Muchado grey & bamboo blackstix thrusters are magic in several other Tomos (evo, gmm2, psyko, SP2, x-wing): fun & loose with the slightly smaller center, but very smooth through carves, with a subtle spring at the end... "buttery" LOL

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Basically, the rakey Merrick-style templates have been the go-to for all things Tomo for me. Greg Griffin makes his own fin, but even he must admit the rake is similar to the Merricks. Wish Greg would make them Futures compatible. I don't care that it's not adjustable, as I always set them up dead center anyway.

Reactions: santacruzin

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
BTW: If anyone has a 5'6 Firewire Hydroshort they want to get rid of let me know! Thanks.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
You ridden it yet or too embarrassed because of the yellow "tint"? :ROFLMAO:
haha. I was saving it for a special day. It was a little too big and steep lately. Probably gonna give it a run this week/weekend.

SC looked like it was bombing yesterday. You been out? What you been riding?

Reactions: jkb

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
haha. I was saving it for a special day. It was a little too big and steep lately. Probably gonna give it a run this week/weekend.

SC looked like it was bombing yesterday. You been out? What you been riding?
Dude! It's been huge up here!

I've been dodging bombs on my 5'6 Burch asym and 5'7 Haydenshapes Untitled :ROFLMAO:

I have a 6'4 step up on order. I could use a 7'4 as well. I desperately need them now!!

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Dude! It's been huge up here!

I've been dodging bombs on my 5'6 Burch asym and 5'7 Haydenshapes Untitled :ROFLMAO:

I have a 6'4 step up on order. I could use a 7'4 as well. I desperately need them now!!
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Reactions: jkb