Tomo MPH

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
This is being totally blown out of proportion. It looked like Dan used McNeill’s international shipping account. That’s all. The board was packed and shipped by Dan’s company.

Reactions: jkb

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
The important thing is that I got my board, and quickly. I’m stocked at how it turned out and remain appreciative.

I had no issues other than a minor nose ding, which I fixed. Packing was very solid. No issues there. Unfortunately, the box looked like someone along the shipping route ran it over with a fork lift. Stuff happens. And sometimes it cannot be avoided.

@Goodfish I know you got completely screwed on the McNeill shipping but I really think Dan’s shipping doesn’t rely on Gary. It was all done in house by Tomo.

Last edited:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Maybe Dan knew that if the board got smashed to bits, then it makes sense to use Gary's account 'cos Gary can just say, "You live in the worst place to ship boards in the world!". And then abdicate all responsibility...

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
How user friendly is the Hydroshort?

If an Evo is a 1 out of 10
And a full on pro short board is a 10 out of 10 (CI Happy etc)

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
I'd say its very user friendly... probably just as user friendly as the Evo so i'd say 1 out of 10.
Its an amazing board. The range is incredible. Handles anything from 2ft to 7ft.

Reactions: Lowqi2

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Out of interest, is this the new Tomo fish, but just as a twin?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Out of interest, is this the new Tomo fish, but just as a twin?

I'm betting that's a Firewire prototype from a few years ago. With those dims, it might have even been one of DT's personal boards.

The El Tomo first came out as a keel. XTR sold them this way as well until it was decided to change the board to a quad.

Reactions: ANIMA

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
There were a few Firewire prototypes from a few years ago floating around. Firewire Carlsbad had some in the back last year that I almost bought. XTR is still making the keel version. In fact, word on the street is that Tomo made a custom El Tomo Dual Fin for Noel that is being made as we speak! Noel liked the El Tomo Quad so much that DT made him a keel.

Should be interesting to hear how Noel likes it.