Tomo MPH

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah, this is my thinking too.

Same here. Sell it for what you think you'll get for it.

Oceanside to Taiwan is $239. It stings, but I prefer it to the Firewire route. They charge around $900 for a Slater Designs/new Tomo here, but the most ridiculous thing is you have to wait 3 months for it! I can get an custom XTR here in 6-8 weeks.

$239 ain't bad if you can put 2-3 boards in there.

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
If it is sped up, it still doesn't take away from the maneuvers their doing or how the board is performing. I've ridden one and the board is very light weight and easy to turn! Plus that helium has a nice flex to it. The board goes pretty insane IMO! I liked it a LOT!

It also paddles well. Probably because of that wide outline. I went down in liters and was very surprised how good it floated me... 24.1L felt like 24.5 or 25L.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
No, it doesn't take away from their performance, but there's something dishonest about it, which bothers me. Like I said, if it's done as a device to squeeze in more footage, then they needed to speed it up more to make it in-your-face obvious that it's sped up. It's just at a speed that conveys dishonesty to me.

edit: I messaged Noel to give him the feedback, he says it's absolutely not sped up.

Last edited:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
That FW wait time is nuts. Seems like they should be able to just take one off the line at the factory and get it to you in a few days.
lol, I'm in Taiwan, not Thailand.

$239 ain't bad if you can put 2-3 boards in there.
PER BOARD! And for some reason shipping 2 boards in one box costs more than shipping 2 boards individually!

• Wow
Reactions: Aruka

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
No, it doesn't take away from their performance, but there's something dishonest about it, which bothers me. Like I said, if it's done as a device to squeeze in more footage, then they needed to speed it up more to make it in-your-face obvious that it's sped up. It's just at a speed that conveys dishonesty to me.

edit: I messaged Noel to give him the feedback, he says it's absolutely not sped up.
Noel is a pretty honest guy. In all the questions I've asked him he always seemed pretty forthcoming.

Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
tomos are so magical they distort time and space broz

• Haha
Reactions: Bman76 and racer1

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
right, different country but you're in the same region. That wait time makes it seem like they send it to the US first, then back to you. LOL
It actually kind of makes sense when you think about it. Firewire probably sends shipping containers full of boards to the US on a regular basis, so they have the pipeline established. Taiwan has a much smaller user base, so they probably dont have much set up.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I thought both Surf and Show episodes about the Hydroshort were epic. Great insight, loads of details, a range of waves, and just really great listening to the both of them going in-depth about the board. Really enjoyed it, and it's even pushing me to try my first Firewire in years. Good work, legends!

*Watched it whilst supping on a Chilean Merlot, brahs.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
For those of you who have surfed an Evo, what type of waves do you think it works best in? Thanks.

Aug 11, 2015
For those of you who have surfed an Evo, what type of waves do you think it works best in? Thanks.
Mine works in everything I put it in. Knee to double-overhead. I'm having a bit of a hard time to turn it in large waves where it goes crazy fast. Works on fat like hollow waves, although not my first choice if really hollow with a lip that throws. Handles late drops on OH+ waves like a champ. I would say ideal waves is chest to OH with any kind of power but crazy hollow. That being said, I find it very reassuring in large surf because it paddles, get into and take off so easy and forgiving. It's 2 liters over-volumed, though, and I will get another one 2 size down.

Reactions: SD_Dan