Tomo MPH

cstreet

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I firmly believe its the Vee. The flex is great too and I think that helps keep speed through turns, but the sharp directional change is definitely the VQC. Its such a sick board.
Guess you're right. I keep looking at it and trying to figure out where the magic comes from, it doesn't seem that unusual a design, though the VQC isn't that obvious unless you look at it right or run your hand along the length of the bottom spine.

How'd you guys size your Revos? Looks like a fun shape, but being a snub nosed Tomo makes me hesitant to use usual length/volume benchmarks.
I intentionally sized it a few liters more than usual for a SB (I have a 5'6 cymatic that feels right, for instance), figuring that it might give it a slightly better range, from groveling to larger waves. It's so lively and easy to surf that I doubt the extra makes much of a difference at all in performance. Also, the bump in volume, low rocker, and maybe the parallel outline, make it an unusually strong paddler/wave catcher for a 5'8 (33L). I'm 5'11 and 160 lbs.

• Love
Reactions: sizzld1

ReForest

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 7, 2020
Guess you're right. I keep looking at it and trying to figure out where the magic comes from, it doesn't seem that unusual a design, though the VQC isn't that obvious unless you look at it right or run your hand along the length of the bottom spine.

I intentionally sized it a few liters more than usual for a SB (I have a 5'6 cymatic that feels right, for instance), figuring that it might give it a slightly better range, from groveling to larger waves. It's so lively and easy to surf that I doubt the extra makes much of a difference at all in performance. Also, the bump in volume, low rocker, and maybe the parallel outline, make it an unusually strong paddler/wave catcher for a 5'8 (33L). I'm 5'11 and 160 lbs.
Its a crazy good paddler -- I noticed that too. All the foam is down the center and right under your chest. Seriously, my favorite board ATM. I know Oeste gives me a hard time about this, but it really is a great board!

May 10, 2018
I haven't felt one up, but seen some in photos. Looks pretty sick, but for some reason I didnt really like that shape.
Cheers, yea I have seen some pics online but haven't seen them in store anywhere yet. I'm on my 2nd sci fi 2. I love it. I have no idea what the channels and tail are doing but for me it works in everything from 1 foot to a 1-2 feet overhead, fat waves and hollow waves.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 7, 2020
Re: the sci fi 2 - not sure why I like the cymatic more but I really do. Maybe the shorter nose w more surface area up front?
I agree. Oeste says they are basically the same board (which ill agree they are very similar), but i'd rather have the Cymatic of the 2.

Reactions: schex and oeste858

ReForest

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 7, 2020
Doesn't the cymatic have more tail rocker?

I know it did compared to the original Sci Fi.
I'm not exactly sure, but i rode both (Cymatic and 2.0) and they felt very similar in rockers.
The SF 2.0 for sure has more rocker than the OG SF.

Reactions: jkb

cstreet

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
F3BDF34C-5BE4-4205-A32B-C42B195A6342.jpeg

Got these reactors yesterday for a different board but tried them first on the Revo. I may never take them off.

Tried MR twins plus trailer on the Revo and the loss of drive compared to quads was substantial. Also, could be a technique thing but it felt like I couldn’t dig into turns as much with the 2+1.

• Love
Reactions: ReForest and schex