Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Guess you're right. I keep looking at it and trying to figure out where the magic comes from, it doesn't seem that unusual a design, though the VQC isn't that obvious unless you look at it right or run your hand along the length of the bottom spine.

I intentionally sized it a few liters more than usual for a SB (I have a 5'6 cymatic that feels right, for instance), figuring that it might give it a slightly better range, from groveling to larger waves. It's so lively and easy to surf that I doubt the extra makes much of a difference at all in performance. Also, the bump in volume, low rocker, and maybe the parallel outline, make it an unusually strong paddler/wave catcher for a 5'8 (33L). I'm 5'11 and 160 lbs.
Its a crazy good paddler -- I noticed that too. All the foam is down the center and right under your chest. Seriously, my favorite board ATM. I know Oeste gives me a hard time about this, but it really is a great board!

May 10, 2018
I haven't felt one up, but seen some in photos. Looks pretty sick, but for some reason I didnt really like that shape.
Cheers, yea I have seen some pics online but haven't seen them in store anywhere yet. I'm on my 2nd sci fi 2. I love it. I have no idea what the channels and tail are doing but for me it works in everything from 1 foot to a 1-2 feet overhead, fat waves and hollow waves.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Re: the sci fi 2 - not sure why I like the cymatic more but I really do. Maybe the shorter nose w more surface area up front?
I agree. Oeste says they are basically the same board (which ill agree they are very similar), but i'd rather have the Cymatic of the 2.

Reactions: schex and oeste858

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Doesn't the cymatic have more tail rocker?

I know it did compared to the original Sci Fi.
I'm not exactly sure, but i rode both (Cymatic and 2.0) and they felt very similar in rockers.
The SF 2.0 for sure has more rocker than the OG SF.

Reactions: jkb

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
F3BDF34C-5BE4-4205-A32B-C42B195A6342.jpeg

Got these reactors yesterday for a different board but tried them first on the Revo. I may never take them off.

Tried MR twins plus trailer on the Revo and the loss of drive compared to quads was substantial. Also, could be a technique thing but it felt like I couldn’t dig into turns as much with the 2+1.

• Love
Reactions: ReForest and schex

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
View attachment 136609

Got these reactors yesterday for a different board but tried them first on the Revo. I may never take them off.

Tried MR twins plus trailer on the Revo and the loss of drive compared to quads was substantial. Also, could be a technique thing but it felt like I couldn’t dig into turns as much with the 2+1.
Those a purty!
The tail looks just like the hydroshort