Tomo MPH

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I like XTR and they had Dan's boards and ordering pretty dialed. But it will be interesting to mix it up, especially if polys and other constructions are available. I imagine that it's not due to pressure from FW. Dan has a big market here for non-FW customs.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Oh man. I wonder what % of XTR’s business is Tomos?
Judging by the racks when I’m there, it’s a lot. 30-40%??
For this reason, I'm guessing this might not be the case. Just guessing, but in this industry it would be a pretty questionable business move by both parties. There's just not a ton of money in surfing, so why cut the golden mean machine goose open?

The present XTR/Tomo deal seems to make Dan lots of $$$ with no effort and makes XTR lots of $$$ with a royalty/per-board payment, I'd guess. I don't know the exact contracts/deals of course.

But man, IMO a split wouldn't make for a good business 'big-picture' move.

Just one guy's $.02.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
For this reason, I'm guessing this might not be the case. Just guessing, but in this industry it would be a pretty questionable business move by both parties. There's just not a ton of money in surfing, so why cut the golden mean machine goose open?

The present XTR/Tomo deal seems to make Dan lots of $$$ with no effort and makes XTR lots of $$$ with a royalty/per-board payment, I'd guess. I don't know the exact contracts/deals of course.

Just one guy's $.02.
I agree only problem is Dan never struck me as much of a businessman. Amazing surfer - check, amazing shaper - check, amazing businessman - ummmm
Hope we can all still YOLO XTR TOMO

Reactions: rowjimmytour

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

Just one guy's $.02.
Not if Dan isnt getting paid :unsure:

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
This is some proper erBB gossip.

general forum peeps need to take note of the deforest slow roll of information.

:roflmao:
Ala the Big Ball of Brown, aka "Dry Humping in Progress." A true classic of the erBB properly presented with a slow trickle of information followed by more, then more, then pictures!

Reactions: jkb and sdsrfr