Tomo MPH

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Stoked on this one. I know its been posted here before, but not in this tech.

Haven't ridden it yet, but I did notice that the nose and tail are more pulled in the Evo, and the rails are not as boxy and full as the Evo. Also, the channels go all the way up to the nose (like the Evo) which I really like. Im guessing the rocker will be the same or similar. Cant wait to try it out. Waves were pretty fun today so i hope tomorrow is the same. :jamon::jamon:

View attachment 122335View attachment 122336
You're stocked. That one turned out really nice.

• Love
Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 7, 2020
@JDJ The Revo is pretty sweet! I agree the length stretched out a bit is nice. A little better paddle power and more control (less skatey).

@sh3 I haven't given up on the GMM2. I just didn't expect that board to have such a wide tail. You and @jkb must really like those wide asses :ROFLMAO: (just teasing). I think your right about more length though. But all in good time .

First things first... ride the crap outta this Revo! haha :jamon::jamon:

Jan 12, 2022
Oregon
I’m 38 and tall and long. Unfortunately I didn’t start surfing till my mid 20’s.

What age are you? I am 48, 172 pounds (78 kilo) and riding the EVO 5'5 (and Hydrodynamica GMM2 5'6) in mostly mushy beach breaks. I hardly have problems getting into the waves (1-5 ft) overhere. Since the rails are fairly thick I wouldn't go to big on an EVO. Maybe a 5'9 or 5'10? Or try the Revo in 5'10/5'11 (https://epoxysurfboards.com/product/tomo-revo-xtr-surfboards/). We are awaiting @ReForest his ride report. But from what I read the Revo is more refined.

Jan 12, 2022
Oregon
JDj, thanks for the info. Good to know I’m not completely off with the length. Now the hardest part of all convincing my wife I need another board. :oops:

I've posted here that I think you can ride a Tomo at more length, especially because you're 6'2. None of the dimensions you've suggested strike me as overkill. I would probably ride a 6'0 Revo before a 5'11 Evo. Volume will be comparable but Revo stretches a little easier with the more narrow nose and tail.

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest and JDJ

ReForest

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 7, 2020
how's the revo go?
Revo goes good! Pretty much how I imaged it would ride, although it does feel a bit longer than I anticipated. I'm still trying to arrange my thoughts on how it feels for a mini review.

I compared the tail rocker to the scifi, cymatic, and hydroshort... and the Revo has a lower tail rocker than all of them. I sort of feel like it has a similar rail line to the Vader or Deathstar, because for a 5'3 it feels like a 5'5".

Most notably is the flex. I think stringerless is the way to go. I can hold a bottom turn and get a lotttt of projection up the face or down the line. Even little baby pumps have this lively spring.

Still working it out... but it feels like a good board for average-good waves. I'd be very interested in hearing @spjones123 and @JDJ thoughts on how they like their Revo's.