Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I thought you didn't love the futures ones?
I didnt. But I only tried them in the vader because that was the only board i had in futures.
Now I get to try them in all my boards (OB1, Cymatic, Hydroshort and my custom which i named X34).

I can also mix them up with some FCS fronts and the Tomo fins the in rear. Gonna try them tomorrow hopefully. :cool:(y)

• Haha
Reactions: Goodfish and JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I didnt. But I only tried them in the vader because that was the only board i had in futures.
Now I get to try them in all my boards (OB1, Cymatic, Hydroshort and my custom which i named X34).

I can also mix them up with some FCS fronts and the Tomo fins the in rear. Gonna try them tomorrow hopefully. :cool:(y)
gotcha. Thats nice that you have all FCS. I prefer FCS, but now most of my boars are futurds, and I have a big mix box of both fins. Ugh.

I thought you sold the x34 cause it didn't do what you hoped?

Reactions: JDJ

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
gotcha. Thats nice that you have all FCS. I prefer FCS, but now most of my boars are futurds, and I have a big mix box of both fins. Ugh.

I thought you sold the x34 cause it didn't do what you hoped?
Apart from a masochist's desire to lose random fins popping out or having to screw an extra grub in, I can't think of any reason any one would prefer FCS over Futures. What say you!?!?!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
All this constant buying, selling, switching fins, etc seems like it would take a lot away from actually surfing, and maintaining or improving one's surfing.

Maybe try an experiment: buy a standard, basic all-around CA thruster - maybe a Flyer - throw the fins for the board in it (Merricks) and surf it exclusively for a few months.

Last edited:
Reactions: sh3 and Havoc

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Apart from a masochist's desire to lose random fins popping out or having to screw an extra grub in, I can't think of any reason any one would prefer FCS over Futures. What say you!?!?!
Some boards require fcs due to tail shape + fin configuration . If shapers know what they are doing FCS are fine. I think futures are easier to use though.

Reactions: oeste858

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
All this constant buying, selling, switching fins, etc seems like it would take a lot away from actually surfing, and maintaining or improving one's surfing.

Maybe try an experiment: buy a standard, basic all-around CA thruster - maybe a Flyer - throw the fins for the board in it (Merricks) and surf it exclusively for a few months.

what size flyer u getting casa?

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858