Tomo MPH

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Are the stock rails pretty full?
All stock rail from XTR are pretty full :roflmao:

I think I've asked for tapered rails on every XTR order since that one time I didn't :toilet:

*This is if XTR is doing the scrubbing. If someone like sharpeye or lost is finishing their own XTR's, then you're more likely to get the appropriate rail for the model.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Besides the rails, has anyone else noticed the quad inside single concave isn’t as pronounced as in the Firewires? I don’t have one for a side by side, but when I see an Evo or a Hydroshort on the rack, I always do a double take how sharp the edge of the channels are. I love my XTR Revo, but it seems like a subtler version. At least vs Firewire; I’ve never seen a Tomo shaped version.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
All stock rail from XTR are pretty full :roflmao:

I think I've asked for tapered rails on every XTR order since that one time I didn't :toilet:

*This is if XTR is doing the scrubbing. If someone like sharpeye or lost is finishing their own XTR's, then you're more likely to get the appropriate rail for the model.
i got weird rails on a rocket I ordered which Lost finished. I asked for 2 5/16 with flat deck and full rails. Got the JKB rails that were super fouled out for a trestles homeschooler

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Besides the rails, has anyone else noticed the quad inside single concave isn’t as pronounced as in the Firewires? I don’t have one for a side by side, but when I see an Evo or a Hydroshort on the rack, I always do a double take how sharp the edge of the channels are. I love my XTR Revo, but it seems like a subtler version. At least vs Firewire; I’ve never seen a Tomo shaped version.
Hmm. Maybe FW's file has changed, but a few years ago I always thought how much more pronounced/sharper the channels were on my XTR evos (3 of them) compared to the original FW evo I had. A few people commented on them also. More noticeable when riding too. But I haven't looked at a FW one in years. I see they make them in Helium now too. Dunno but maybe that's different than the LFT version.
Man, now I want to go ride my xtr Evo again. been a while but such a fun boar!

Last edited:
Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I asked Dan about that and he said he was experimenting with the QISC a lot. (If it should continue through the nose, like on the Evo, or stop at the front foot, like the Cymatic. He was also experimenting on how shallow the channels should go. I think he ultimately decided to keep the more subtle than his original Evo designs were.

I'm actually curious how the channels will come out on the GMM2. I think they go all the way up to the nose, right? @jkb @oeste858 @sh3

Reactions: JDJ and oeste858

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I asked Dan about that and he said he was experimenting with the QISC a lot. (If it should continue through the nose, like on the Evo, or stop at the front foot, like the Cymatic. He was also experimenting on how shallow the channels should go. I think he ultimately decided to keep the more subtle than his original Evo designs were.

I'm actually curious how the channels will come out on the GMM2. I think they go all the way up to the nose, right? @jkb @oeste858 @sh3
My first GMM2 had deep concaves all the way to the nose:

My latest one has much shallower concaves just a little behind the front foot:

To be honest, I don't feel any benefits or deficiencies from either set-up. Rocker and fin placement is more important and both boards are magic.

No A/C unit to flex with, but I have whiskey barrels :cool:

Last edited: