Tomo MPH

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Wouldn’t keel fins or quad work best on a Simmons like GMM II?
It doesn’t surf like a trad twin/dual fin minisim which are fairly skatey IMO. These are MUCH more HP. As I understand it, RK considers these his perfect SoCal thruster. All the ones you see on his vids ridden by him and his crew of disciples are 3 fins (or twin + trailer)

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
It doesn’t surf like a trad twin/dual fin minisim which are fairly skatey IMO. These are MUCH more HP. As I understand it, RK considers these his perfect SoCal thruster. All the ones you see on his vids ridden by him and his crew of disciples are 3 fins (or twin + trailer)
He ordered five fin boxes so a lot of options to try. Maybe @ReForest will report back in the future.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
He ordered five fin boxes so a lot of options to try. Maybe @ReForest will report back in the future.
Definitely will report back!
If only he could get the fin placement right, eh? Did the seventh version nail it?? #goldilocks
:LOL:
The fin placement, rocker and length have all been nailed down on the El Tomo keel.

Its the only board that has given me this much trouble. lol. I love it though! Rode it today and had a blast.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
so, erbb consensus is 2 1/2 thickness rather than the stock 2 9/16 on a Revo for a 185-190 lb human? Shey said a 5'7 x 19 5/8 x 2 1/2 Revo is about 31 liters.

Reactions: ReForest and JDJ