Tomo MPH

Jan 4, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
Sad day for me.

Just sold my magic Hydronaut. A fantastic board that got me a lot of good waves, but just wasn't realistic for my current situation. I hate selling magic boards, but sometimes you just have to let them go. :cry:

I'm confident it went to a good home though.

I feel you! Never easy to sell boards.. :confused:

Reactions: jkb

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks man. I know this one, the Psyko, and the Deathstar went to good homes. I will take solace. Here's some pics.

Have you had a chance to ride the Psyko again?
I chose to ride the ride a 5'5 Hydroshort just because it had a little more foam and there was a little bit of a current around the jetty. I really wanted to and i almost did though.

I rode the deathstar on a smaller day and loved it! Its unbelievable how much lift that board has and well it planes. 5'1 x 17 1/4 x 2 1/8 is so tiny! I was honestly blown away well i actually paddle and surfed.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Psykonaut probably works best for pumping Santa Cruz and a reasonably sized hydroshort for the rest

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Thanks man. I know this one, the Psyko, and the Deathstar went to good homes. I will take solace. Here's some pics.

Have you had a chance to ride the Psyko again?
The Hydronaut is the only Tomo I have left in my quiver. It's a wave hoover that you can put on autopilot to handle any drop no matter how ridiculous.

I'm on a Burch drive now. All I'm missing is a midlength and a Parallelogram. Anyway, gotta go and fix my top-knot before I go to fire dancing practice with jkb. See ya!

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Is the Tomo hype train over?

I don’t see them in the lineups so much anymore. the ones I do see are remarkably standard shortboard looking.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Is the Tomo hype train over?

I don’t see them in the lineups so much anymore. the ones I do see are remarkably standard shortboard looking.
I think a your "average" surfer might find the recent twin models that all the big brands are releasing as more approachable than the Tomo MPHs. I see a ton of the CI Fishbears around, and lots of tkf... and MLs of course. I still see a fair amount of Evos and Hydroshorts around- not as many as FW Seasides tho.
EDIT: it's probably everyone's just on MLs now.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Yah, still see a TON of Firewire presence. Mostly muchaco models. During the swell run I saw some gamma’s too.

didn’t see a single tomo.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
It was a good SoCal step-up and/or a step-up that could handle clean conditions......especially as a younger, fitter surfer.

With the amount of current that exists up here and my paddling fitness not as good as it once was, the reality is I'm starting to need more foam to feel comfortable in bigger waves.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
The GMM2 is the one Tomo that I've never tried, but I'd still like to.

I liked my SP2 for a while in shoulder-high clean conditions, but those days are rare and a fish beats all when it's like that anyway.