Tokoro Houdini model by Slater Designs

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
If there's one thing most FW riders don't have but need it's a board like Kelly Slater rides at good sized Pipe.
That’s one of the things I thought. Hawaii shapers get pigeon holed into good wave, gun shapers. When in reality the majority of boards Hawaii shapers design and built are short boards or other small wave boards.

Wades most popular model lately is the Lemonade. Which is a flatter, wider, high volume groveller.

it’s funny Wade has been passing on doing anything with FW for a long time. It’s different when Kelly asks.

Reactions: Havoc

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Also, everybody knows what works best in good waves, so the good wave models don't need much refinement or progression (e.g. Sunny winning 6 TC's on the same board). So Hawaii shapers have those dialed and spend most of their time tweaking small wave or HP shortboards.

Reactions: teeroi and Havoc

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Seems legit and not Photoshopped if Tokoro did an IG himself. I could me missing something that the surf bro's know.
I looked on IG they haven’t debut this board. Maybe Ezra jumped the gun. I’m going to delete my posts.
These boards are being sold in CA shops

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Also, everybody knows what works best in good waves, so the good wave models don't need much refinement or progression (e.g. Sunny winning 6 TC's on the same board). So Hawaii shapers have those dialed and spend most of their time tweaking small wave or HP shortboards.
For years I would order a board or two for winter and I would ask Wade if he has any new designs for the NS. Or if he did anything to the 4. He would tell me no. Just little refinements and we would adjust my dimensions from my last winter boards.
One winter I didn’t ask and I went to order summer boards and a 6’2 for Big Bowl. He pulls out a board to show me his 6’2. It was the 4X. He told me he’s getting old so he lowered the entry rocker and made the nose outline wider for paddling. But the business end was the same as the 4VC.

Reactions: Havoc

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Seems legit and not Photoshopped if Tokoro did an IG himself. I could me missing something that the surf bro's know.

These boards are being sold in CA shops
My Photochop comment was in humor .

Travis Lee guided Wade in making these since they look very similar to the most recent previous Kelly shapes , not quite Wades normal shapes which I prefer .

This is the best way to start , make them similar and move forward from there .

Reactions: retodd

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
houdini

As a man reaches climax whilst in the "doggie style" position, the man pulls out and spits on their partner's back, fooling them into thinking that he has ejaculated, however, when their partner turns around, the man lets loose his baby batter in his partner's face.

• Haha
Reactions: need 4 speed

oakfoils

Nep status
Oct 2, 2004
killer barrel hunter shape looks more refined. although not sure how long it will last in this type of construction, this will pop at a drop of a hat. I just shaped similar type of shape for a up coming grom. a few in similar construction with all s glass epoxy and a few in poly, all the eps epoxy with hd foam stringers popped right away. all the polys are still hanging. just returned from a ments trip and got some sick barrel carves through crazy sections.