Tofino: Done!

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
More impactful marketing than running a handful of 6* QS events back in the late 00's....

cheaper too

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I was thinking that maybe with global warming, Tofino will be the new So Cal with perfect, comfortable weather?
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 4.22.55 PM.png

is it toe-fee-noh or toe-fin-oh?

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
haole has a big mouf and wonda why he got smack :shameonyou:
For several years in the 1980's, Hawaii sold gasoline in litres, not gallons.

Locals complained, loudly; saying the state of Hawaii was catering to Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Canadian and other international visitors who abandoned the inaccurate, archaic, arbitrary Imperial measurement system decades ago for the far more convenient and accurate Metric System and forced a change back to gallons.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Hawaiian-gas-stations-sell-gas-by-the-liter-at-least-when-I-visited-Hawaii-in-1988-and-the-mainland-doesnt-follow-its-example-except-in-two-liter-Coke-bottles?share=1

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Parlez français pendant votre séjour au Canada, s'il vous plaît
It aint Quebec. Very few BC'ans consider French their first language. Otherwise BC Canadians are almost indistinguishable from Americans in terms of how they dress and speak. Ontario peeps have a more exagerated version of a midwest accent.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
This thread got really gay, and not the it's okay kinda gay either. Like, the French Canadian kind. I'm gonna let the metric stuff slide, cause it kinda makes sense. Science style.

Reactions: JSC and Boneroni

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
My last name is very French Canadian, I share it with a famous hockey player. My great grandpa was from there.

I've always like the Canucks except when I was a waiter because the FC's are notoriously bad tippers.

But I digress. Canada seems like a rad country overall. The women, the hockey, the friendliness. I need to go spend some time there, never been.