Tips on rehabbing a meniscus tear?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I have a partial tear I've been living with for years. Stop doing things that aggravate it, it goes away last flare up was pretty significant and I had to lay off fof normal activity (surfing and skating) for 2 months. PT brought me back but its not where I'd like it to be.

My buddy had his meniscus cleaned up a few months ago and it helped but I think he came back too soon and it's not great. I feel like I'm heading that direction fairly soon.

Best thing that helped was vonmeister's recommendation of lots of stretching. Your results may vary
It's not the stretching. It's forgetting about everything else once you're able to pop the head in.

May 14, 2011
few days out of meniscus surgery - just getting off the crutches a little bit now. Surgery was a piece of cake... in and out in a matter of 5 hours.

Rehab starts Tuesday. Will update progress for those going through similar.

Excited to go back to normal activities without nursing my surfing or constantly worrying about tweaking things.

Reactions: sjlist
Apr 6, 2015
I was able to ride my regular (not stationary) bike yesterday, with some difficulty. I used to bike a lot after my ACL reconstruction years ago, which kept my leg/knee strong, but fell out of the habit. Now I'm paying for that.

Also in the midst of looking at braces on Amazon which limit flexion. I've worn a brace surfing many times, definitely helps after an injury. But in addition to providing support, I want a brace that will also prevent me from bending too much. Any suggestions? The Don Joys look good, but hard to tell which limit flexion...