Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
View attachment 146934View attachment 146935Fuse-e 5’10 20.25 2.6 34L
Feels really good under the arm.View attachment 146951
The board is t!ts. Stamps lived up to the hype. Even with a cheap, crooked tailpad, borrowed plastic to small fins, and a kooky old rider the board goes off: fast and feels like old-school skating a pool. Paddles well and catches waves well. Thought it might be a little bit not wide enough but it was perfect today in marginal chest high HB.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Flare is sick. Mine seems wider in the nose.
I think i might have caught a little air the other day. Thats how good that little board is.
I wouldn’t change anything about it.
Very versataile…View attachment 145125View attachment 145126
Flare is still my goto for most days. I've had them all over the world in most conditions. I won't travel without one.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I have a Townsend and have on order a 5 fin Sultan Overeasy mashup from Tim. The Townsend at least for me only sees action when the waves are good 6ft plus lots of ocean moving a round or crowded. Steeper and the juicer I find it likes. In sub-par or smaller surf doesn't work for me at least. I find there are better all around mids out there with a wider range. That's what I hope the board from Tim will do and will be replacing a Album 2+1 Darkness I've had for a number of years. Hope that helps.
did u ride the mashup one yet?

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
sultwinn with gemini twins felt good today. prly fastest i've gone on a boar in ages. feels like they are still a hair big so the nvs nautilus might be the call. anyone compare the two templates?
Those are the two sets I run in my sultwinn. Tim paired the nautilus when
he shipped the board and I bought the 5.45 geminis as backup and something
else to play around with.
I feel like the geminis are a tad looser and skatier than the nautilus.
I like to run the nautilus w/trailer for OH days with more juice and
geminis w/o for waist to chest. They’re both nice twins with almost
identical area. Nautilus 20.7, Gemini 20.8
06B9CA9B-7AEC-4C48-B0FC-F686FC746902.jpegF46CA67D-E933-4545-964A-297ECAA505DA.jpeg

Dec 15, 2019
did u ride the mashup one yet?
I have but made an error on previous post. It's a Roswell/OE mashup. I've had a lot of fun on it on some so so days. Haven't had it out on a really good day. It's my first mid/egg with a quad option which I'm really digging. It's maneuverability and just ease of smoother feeling turns compared to a 2+1 is very noticeable. Tims rails have a great feeling. I believe it would come alive in some lined up punchy walls.
Really addicted to the Banjo I got. Just so fun. Took it out on a strong offshore 4-6ft day at my favorite reef on Friday. Usually would of grabbed a HPSB but the Banjo is just so awesome. I always just wanna grab the Banjo now. YOLO arrival in Oct. pix

Attachments