Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Mar 15, 2022
I met with Tim yesterday and put in an order for a Rerun. He is super responsive and easy to work with. We are finishing up the details on the paint. If this board works the way I think it will I definitely see a Grinder X and Flare in my future.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I met with Tim yesterday and put in an order for a Rerun. He is super responsive and easy to work with. We are finishing up the details on the paint. If this board works the way I think it will I definitely see a Grinder X and Flare in my future.
what dims? Great handle btw

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I went with 6’1 x 20 x 2 5/8, Due to age and injuries I need a little more surfboard than I used too. Tim told me he could could take a little foam out to get the volume down and keep it agile. This is the first board I have ordered from him and he is super thorough and easy to work with.
what boar?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I think ive already said it but the 6-6 warhawk is a great azz board. It was my most ridden board during my baja trip on which I had a couple of my best sessions. Since returning home ive ridden it once in some sketchy tubes and it felt great.

My buddy is equally stocked on his 6-5 version.

Rerun has been on the short list for a while. I just have so many good boards in that category. Look forward to a ride report once you've had it for a bit @OsideBum .

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
After a long conversation with Tim I decided on the Rerun. He said its what hes been riding for the past two years or so and is super stoked on it.
i felt up his personal one and it was 2.75" but with a low rail. felt really good for aging kooks like myself. tim just wants to make his customers a good boar. if i can get back on a short boar i'll likely get a 6'0 rerun as per JDJ's suggestion

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
I think ive already said it but the 6-6 warhawk is a great azz board. It was my most ridden board during my baja trip on which I had a couple of my best sessions. Since returning home ive ridden it once in some sketchy tubes and it felt great.

My buddy is equally stocked on his 6-5 version.

Rerun has been on the short list for a while. I just have so many good boards in that category. Look forward to a ride report once you've had it for a bit @OsideBum .
Did Tim tweak yours to be a step up? Was tempted to order one for chest to head high days.

Reactions: JDJ

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Did Tim tweak yours to be a step up? Was tempted to order one for chest to head high days.
I told him I was replacing my Next Step so he probably did some tweaking. He mentioned pulling in the tail a little which might be all he did. Not really sure. It's not super gunny feeling and surfs more like a regular shortboard than a classic, stiff step up. If I was planning on getting one for chest to head high I'd want a little more tail width. Probably squash tail or a more thumby round tail.

Just tell Tim what waves you want it for and trust.

Reactions: rowjimmytour