Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
To me both are amazing boards. Flare seems more verastile, surprisingly on the upper end. Both are great but If I had to chose just one it would be the flare for it's versatility.
Fk guess I've got to order one at some point

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Ride report for quantum quad and sparkbox (sparkplug/gigglebox):

quantum: I think this board has good potential, but I havent found the right fin set up yet. Ive tried the F8s with some old rusty quad rears and found it to lack drive. I think I may try either a larger quad rear (F8 quad rear) or a larger front fin.

Have you considered trying flat-foiled rears?
Strongly second the flat-foiled rears for speed in a quad fish like that and strongly encourage more rake/sweep up front to aid drive.

Reactions: jkb and cbadsurfer

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Some dipsh^t I see out relatively often, but don't even acknowledge with a head nod since he's such an fμcking kook, back-paddled me this morning, so of course I burned him.

It was a pretty good wave and as I was lining up to hit the oncoming section I hear a "whoo!" and next thing I know I feel/hear my bort make contact with another bort. I kick out and see the du retrieving his Torq midlength.

I ask if he actually shot his bort at me, and he replies that I should have looked behind me and that I burned him. A barrage of profanity-laden remarks about back-paddling ensued. I couldn't find any dings, snackles on first inspection so I just let my tirade fizzle and the guy paddled away.

It wasn't until I was showering-off that I noticed the left FCSII plug was cracked. I took it in to my buddy's shop and he said the whole plug has to be replaced.

Long backstory for why I won't be riding my 5'8 Varial Flare for a week or longer. I'm bummed as the bort is one of my faves. Fμcking Torq dorks!

Last edited:

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Some dipsh^t I see out relatively often, but don't even acknowledge with a head nod since he's such an fμcking kook, back-paddled me this morning, so of course I burned him.

It was a pretty good wave and as I was lining up to hit the oncoming section I hear a "whoo!" and next thing I know I feel/hear my bort make contact with another bort. I kick out and see the du retrieving his Torq midlength.

I ask if he actually shot his bort at me, and he replies that I should have looked behind me and that I burned him. A barrage of profanity-laden remarks about back-paddling ensued. I couldn't find any dings, snackles on first inspection so I just let my tirade fizzle and the guy paddled away.

I wasn't until I was showering off that I noticed the left FCSII plug was cracked. I took it in to my buddy's shop and he said the whole plug has to be replaced.

Long backstory for why I won't be riding my 5'8 Varial Flare for a week or longer. I'm bummed as the bort is one of my faves. Fμcking Torq dorks!
Lame, sorry dude. Torq is the Wavestorm step-up. Saw a lot of those out today as well

Reactions: ChaseTMP