Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Fuse or FX to take over low end duties from my 5’8 Flare and 5’7 Kai-zen. Tim says FX is faster which me likey, but tighter tiger shreds on the Fuse which me also likey.

The FX looks a little reminiscent of the Fling which wasn’t the best for getting tight lil’ backhand whips in the small stuff. I bought a used 5’4 and moved it on pretty quickly.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I might be the only guy posting here who has owned an Fx (which I left in Nica) and a Fuse (which I destroyed). Both dedicated quads.

The Fx planes better and rides more like a snowboard or skateboard. The Fuse turns a bit sharper and feels more like a HP fish. The Fx has more of a shortboard foil. Because the rides felt so different, I can’t say that I have strong recommendation between one or other. I would probably go Fx again and I think more about ordering an Fx (picked mine up used) than I do about re-ordering a Fuse, which was not as HP as a Flare and not quite a fish either. They both paddled about the same; although I may give a slight nod to the Fx because I felt like it caught everything with that wide tail. However, the Fx seemed a bit more like a novelty board than something I would ride as a DD.

Last edited:

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Tim said the FX feels like cheating with the speed, but needs to be forced a bit more in tight pockets. I've never clicked with quads, so I'm going to go with a thruster setup on whichever one I end up going with. I'm just a little concerned the FX would remind me of the Fling's turning ability in tight arcs.

Reactions: j_mac and JDJ

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Fuse or FX to take over low end duties from my 5’8 Flare and 5’7 Kai-zen. Tim says FX is faster which me likey, but tighter tiger shreds on the Fuse which me also likey.

The FX looks a little reminiscent of the Fling which wasn’t the best for getting tight lil’ backhand whips in the small stuff. I bought a used 5’4 and moved it on pretty quickly.
get a wtf