Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I remember that session. It was small and shreddable and then a group of covid kooks paddled out and started harassing me for every wave. Went in and grabbed a stubb vector and completely shut them down. Didn’t even let them get a wave until they got pissed and paddled in. COVID kooks ruined shortboaring

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Ha. I just searched “fusebox” to see if there was a pic of retodds boar cause I couldn’t envision the outline. Havoc’s post came up first. LOL

Feb 13, 2022
San Diego
leaning more towards quad fish. tkf, banjo, or quantum. anybody ride a quantum recently? rustler looks good too
Ive tried the quantum I just got a few times now. I really like it. Its fast and turns well. Its predictable and easy to ride. The back quad fins being set close to the rail make it feel like a slightly more in control twin fin fish.

Its pretty wide and the rails are foiled. Easy to get lots of speed and bury the rail for a cutback. I think it would suit a cruisy down the line style as well as a more vertical approach. I dont think you could go wrong with this shape. I cant speak to the other shapes you mentioned though.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I asked Tim about moving the fins forward, and he said it would turn better but might lose drive but could be fun on that model. He did it, and the board didn’t lose any drive but was so easy to turn for a quad.