Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Oct 25, 2019
I've only ridden the B12 stepup once during that October south swell in socal. Kinda hard to explain the setup without giving it away, but I used the glass EA’s when I rode it during that October socal south swell. High tide at first and the B12 wasn't going on the head high kinda flat waves. Once the tide dropped an outer reef started working and it was great. Really feel like the top end of the 6'2" B12 stepup is a lot bigger than my similarly sized stepups but we'll see.

I think I'm gonna go with the blindspot.
Yeah makes sense. Hindsight 2020 a blind spot would make sense when my NB2 is redlining, and the when the blind spot redlines the blackbird comes out. I will hopefully never experience redline of the blackbird.

My 6’1 B12 squash tail is actually pretty good in overhead punchy surf, when trying to do wraps and cutbacks etc, which is pretty much the limit of my performance in those conditions!

So I’ll hold onto it, and just have to start bringing even more boards to the beach‍♂

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
anyone tried Spearfish? looks like a fairly unusual outline with stage rails through the middle and then the tail narrowing a lot from a wide wing. description sounds like a banjo x GX mashup

View attachment 142370
I had one. I ended up selling it to get another gx. I had Tim stretch and narrow it a bit from stock and I think that was a mistake. IIRC mine was 6’x19.75x2.5. The straighter rail line made it feel faster but harder to stay in the pocket compared to the gx. I think it’s supposed to be similar rocker but it felt latter at that length. If I had the funds I would be curious to try one in Tim’s recommended dims (ie short n chonky). I liked it a lot but liked my gx better. I took it to northern Nica and surfed it most of the days in 4-8’ waves and it didn’t let me down. It also felt decent as a quad.
1669753976866.jpeg

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Anyone ever get a flare-box - flare w/ modern 80s foil variation?

I think my inner old man is eyeing one up as my next MPSB.
No, but that sounds good having owned a giggle box and a flare. Just make sure you don’t go too thick. My GB is 2 5/16.

Reactions: Havoc

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
what’s your regular tim thickness? if mine are 2 3/8“, that puts giggle thick @ 3/16”? Feels weird to type that.
Sorry curious and always wanted a bord from TS. Does the gb have a step deck or what some call sk8 deck? If so @sdsrfr I would go 2.18" works nice on my sk8's feels perfect.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
A little hard to read, but it looks like 5'5 x 20.8 x 2.38 x 30.3 L. So a 5'5 with the 5'6 stock width and thickness. Its probably going to be a little small for me, but worth a shot!

I'll most likely have it in my car tomorrow if you want to check it out.
Phew. Too small fo me.
That’s quite a CL score!

Reactions: cbadsurfer

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
I had one. I ended up selling it to get another gx. I had Tim stretch and narrow it a bit from stock and I think that was a mistake. IIRC mine was 6’x19.75x2.5. The straighter rail line made it feel faster but harder to stay in the pocket compared to the gx. I think it’s supposed to be similar rocker but it felt latter at that length. If I had the funds I would be curious to try one in Tim’s recommended dims (ie short n chonky). I liked it a lot but liked my gx better. I took it to northern Nica and surfed it most of the days in 4-8’ waves and it didn’t let me down. It also felt decent as a quad.
View attachment 142835
Your disgusting wax gives me anxiety.