Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
my youngest son, now 43, is riding a custom Stamps twinnie..friggin flies on it...fuk, to be young again...but wtf, may be old, but at least I'm slow
What was it based off of? Tim was recommending the Kaizen as a starting point and tweaking some things when I asked him for an HP twin recommendation.

Reactions: j_mac and Aruka

ckupczynski1

OTF status
Oct 14, 2009
I have his spark box and it’s probably one of the fastest twins I own. Pair it with AMT and it just lit up. Now so want to try that Kai Zen of his once the Spark Boxx dies out.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I have both in similar dimensions if anyone wants to see.
Similar rocker on the Kaizen and Flare? I have a Varial 5'8" Flare and it's a fave.

I'm rarely riding my 5'6" Varial Twinsman since IMO it needs better than average waves to shine. I'm planning on ordering a Varial twin from Tim very soon. He's pointing me in the Kaizen direction. I originally asked him about the Sparkbox.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Similar rocker on the Kaizen and Flare? I have a Varial 5'8" Flare and it's a fave.

I'm rarely riding my 5'6" Varial Twinsman since IMO it needs better than average waves to shine. I'm planning on ordering a Varial twin from Tim very soon. He's pointing me in the Kaizen direction. I originally asked him about the Sparkbox.
I went down that rabbit hole and never ordered but he recommended similar when I was coming off praising the flare and asking about twins.

iirc the difference in rocker is the tail rocker is lower on the twin and appropriately added back into the nose.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I have a Spark Box in Varial. Board is pretty epic. If I would change anything, I would have gotten PU (because that's just more my style; nothing against Varial) and Futures (because the twin selection is better, especially if you prefer bigger twins).

Reactions: sdsrfr and Havoc

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have a Spark Box in Varial. Board is pretty epic. If I would change anything, I would have gotten PU (because that's just more my style; nothing against Varial) and Futures (because the twin selection is better, especially if you prefer bigger twins).
True Ames makes some bigger two tab fcs twin sets:cheers: If you like MR style template I really like twin fiberglass set:waving:

Reactions: JDJ