Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
Yeah, that’s the one.
They have some nice MRs too.

was by the Katin shop last week and fondled a few. Noticed that his quad fishes are wider up front and maybe a little thinner -wonder if he has a separate stock boards files for shops

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
looks crazy. With his description I would expect more volume out of the stock dims he posted. I like the little subtle tweaks he's doing to hide more foam.

My spark plug has the blended beak with a touch more foam under chest all while keeping the rails and business end of things nice and crispy. It really helps with the paddling while still allowing me to boogie.

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
Man, really set myself up for a ribbing there.

Rerun looks like a great step-down if you surf 2x a week and want to stay trusty thrusty

Reactions: JDJ

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I don't know exactly what the threshold is for it being okay to check in but that seems like you are okay to ask. My last custom from him during the peak pandemic was 4 months with spray.

jwd

Nov 24, 2004
anyone order one something near the start of september and get the call yet? id never be that guy to bug a shaper but im starting to jones and we nearing on 6 months now. hope i didnt slip through the cracks. didnt order anything fancy except some simple paint.
Please let us know if you email him and get an answer. I've got a custom with him that I assume will be done in February but maybe not.....

tomminator123

OTF status
Dec 22, 2017
anyone order one something near the start of september and get the call yet? id never be that guy to bug a shaper but im starting to jones and we nearing on 6 months now. hope i didnt slip through the cracks. didnt order anything fancy except some simple paint.
I ordered a board from Tim mid August, haven’t gotten the call yet. He initially told me it would be around 16 weeks for it to be ready, maybe longer because I ordered a resin tint. I checked in with him last month and he told me it would be a little while longer

JJMike

OTF status
Oct 11, 2014
Orange County, Ca
I asked Tim about doing XTR for my custom. I was expecting him to say he doesn't/won't do it, because it can sometimes be a pain to add new processes and suppliers in a business.

But nope, he obliged me, connected with them, and going to meet with him next week and dial it in. and a happy little guinea pig I'll be

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I asked Tim about doing XTR for my custom. I was expecting him to say he doesn't/won't do it, because it can sometimes be a pain to add new processes and suppliers in a business.

But nope, he obliged me, connected with them, and going to meet with him next week and dial it in. and a happy little guinea pig I'll be
I asked him a few years ago and he was cool with it then too. Let us know what you get.

Reactions: JJMike