Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
They’re set at 8” on the dot. I‘m running MRs. They felt great but I will probably try some other ones.
If ur looking for a bit more drive, one suggestion is the new Britt merrick twin set. I use them on a very similar board dimension wise to yours.

Reactions: JDJ

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
Keep meaning to put up my new GX.
Someone from here sold me a slightly tuned up version which I loved for good days. Really changed my surfing. Tim made me something for a wave with some flat spots. Eps/epoxy.

You know it’s a keeper when you quite like it the first sesh, really like it the second, by the third you are thinking “I now believe in intelligent design and that designer is Tim Stamps!”

Attachments

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
bird, what are the dims of your current Gxs?
6'1" x 19.63" x 2.4"
6'1.5" x 19.5" x 2.4"

Both around 31.5L. They feel pretty different.

6'1" for fatter waves (or useful if I haven't surfed in a while.) L Fanning sides with M Performer rear feeling good these days.
6'1.5" more HP, what I ride most of the time. L AMs.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
depends on your ability. for a ripper it could be a true groveler. for me it could be my groveler but I still prefer to have a super groveler in the quiver. for shin to thigh high dumpy waves it's perfect. for slopey reef grovel waves, I'd prefer a true groveler if that makes sense?

Never owned a flare but I would guess there would be too much overlap.