Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

FresnoRipper

Michael Peterson status
Aug 25, 2002
Hey FresnoRipper, did you get the large of medium set? FCS or Futures? Placing an order today, trying to figure out fins. Thanks in advance and hope all is well man!
Hey buddy, thanks!

I got the large size in Futures. It's a great all around fin set. YMMV, but i've had good luck with them.

For reference, I'm 200lbs, give or take 5 at any given time.

Jul 7, 2011
Yeah, not a huge fan of wide tails so I asked tim to step it down...still plenty wide
This one is 5-10 x 22
Sold it a while back to get the fusebox.
I like the flare/fuse tail block width better
Do you have any pics or info on this fusebox? Been pondering something similar to the fuse and curious to see what you and Tim came up with.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Do you have any pics or info on this fusebox? Been pondering something similar to the fuse and curious to see what you and Tim came up with.
Retodd or havoc can explain it better.
Basically a fuse with a flat deck & a chined rail
A blend of the fuse & giggle box

Reactions: Aruka and JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
It also includes greatly reduced concaves. The bottom should be very shallow single (almost flat) to a bit of vee.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Longshot, but does anyone have a set of the old green/black Stamps futures fins they would part with? Doesn't seem like they make them any more. I assume they're magic like everything else he does. Please DM me if you're willing to sell
:shaka:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Longshot, but does anyone have a set of the old green/black Stamps futures fins they would part with? Doesn't seem like they make them any more. I assume they're magic like everything else he does. Please DM me if you're willing to sell
:shaka:
i'll take a pair too if u have them for sale. btw, the trailer in that set is epic. first gen stamps fins btw is what we want.

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr and JDJ

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
i'll take a pair too if u have them for sale. btw, the trailer in that set is epic. first gen stamps fins btw is what we want.
are you duu's talking about the green and black medium "generation" 5 fin set?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Call Futures and ask if they have any in the warehouse. That's your best bet unless one pops up used. No way Stamps has any.

The shapers sets don't really sell, other than the AMs. The pro models move stock, even though they're mostly tweaked versions of the AM with some weird material added.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I got lowballed on my all green set so many times I just decided to keep them. Super mellow v2 foil.

I like them as a quad setup. Thruster set was always too neutral and neither here nor there for me compared to other sets in my quiver.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I got lowballed on my all green set so many times I just decided to keep them.

I like them as a quad setup. Thruster set was always too neutral and neither here nor there for me compared to other sets in my quiver.
well, I tend to like neutral fins, so if you want to part with them, just let me know please.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Inflation on surf finz trips me out.

Futures 5-fins were $100, Tri were $65 and Quad trailers were $45 not so long ago.

buy and hold!!!!
tris are like $120+ now. no wonder everyone went to twins, they r cheaper. soon inflataion will have us all riding single fins. greg griffin 5 fins only for the 1%-ers lolz