Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
Looks fun! Give us a ride report soon. I may just order your dims if you like it as a twin. How long did it take since you ordered?
Rode the Sultwinn last weekend at the spot I had in mind when I placed my order. Chest high to solid OH on the sets. A bit bumpy with on shores at first then glassed off and off shore at the end. Surfed on the push through hi tide. Great conditions to run it through the paces with the twin and trailer set up (NVS Nautilus w/trailer).
Board felt right from the get go. Easy paddling, early in on the drop, and surprisingly responsive and predictably stable once I got to my feet. It trimmed beautifully when I moved my back foot up and narrowed my stance but when I stepped back for turns I was surprised how hard I could push through them with such positive feedback in the fins and rail. The other thing that really struck me was how balanced the foil felt in conjunction to the nose and tail rockers. I guess I wasn't expecting this board to have such performance at the forefront. This is my first foray in the midlength/funboard thing and I've always been hesitant to ride one since it felt like a crutch that wouldn't let me surf the way I like to. I couldn't be more wrong, the board is super fun.
This is my second board from Stamps and he nailed it again.