Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
shoot, i feel bad now.

like i said i didn't ask for any kind of rush and was surprised when i got the "done" email.

i think my last order took a bit longer than Tim wanted and maybe he felt like he needed to make it up to me?

been a little windy so havent gotten her wet yet.

6-2 × 19.75 x 2.3 33L View attachment 107485View attachment 107486

hey how long ago did u order??

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Here's my new GX. Going up in Dims from 5'11" 19.75 2.56 to 6'1" 20 2.56.

Paddles better and is more stable (obviously). Defini. ely notice the size increase under my foot but only after two sessions I am pretty much used to it. Gonna try some different fins to see what's up. Same GX DNA, same beautiful rails and overall foil. His boards really are teets.

http://instagr.am/p/CNVzm29MuA1/
gx.jpeg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
New 6-2 Gigglebox has been slaying it for me. Five sessions on it so far. It's like a thruster for conditions where I shouldn't be on a thruster. Super impressive wave catching ability. Great low end. Fast yet stable. Feels like it has low rocker but it pivots really well off the bottom. Maybe some chine rail magic? If someone was wanting to progress from a fish or middy to a thruster this would be a great choice I reckon. The water and air here have been absolutely frigid so I've been wearing my 6/5 hooded, 8mm boots and 4mm gloves just to keep from freezing. Even with all the rubber slowing me down I've been having some great sessions in conditions ranging from solidly good to pretty terrible.

Keep telling myself I'm going to try some different fins but the DHD L's have yet to leave the boxes.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I have. The boards are different but overlap. Flare is a stubby and wide step down hpsb. Giggle box is refined 80s board. Concaves are different, foil is different, rocker, rails, etc.
Yeah its pretty interesting. They are so different but both go great and fill pretty much the same slot in the quiver. Im still in the honeymoon phase so it would be hard not to recommend a gbx at this point. Its just so easy to ride and seems to cover a very wide range of conditions. I think flare might be a little more "HP". A little quicker to pivot. I havent compared but my sense is that flare has a little more rocker. I think if you are a hpsb rider and want a really good step down that will feel familiar, Flare. If you want a little more easy going ride, or just wanna try something different, Gigglebox.