Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
thinking about an easy to surf old man shortboard, Mr. Stamps says maybe a flare...I know a few of you have a flare..what say you? thanks!

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
thinking about an easy to surf old man shortboard, Mr. Stamps says maybe a flare...I know a few of you have a flare..what say you? thanks!

Flare is maybe my favorite board ever and I have quite a few Stamps at this point but Ifalls Giggle/GX combo platter is looking pretty sweet too. At this point because we havent had any big swells since 1990never its pretty much replaced my GX as a daily driver.

Still requires some input but lets you get away with murder some times, and its definitely very shred-able. For average socal surf up to head highish- I havent found anything better.

Im 6'0 156 and I have a 5'10 x 21 x 2 1/2 (was about 180 heavy when I ordered last year)

Going to grab a 5'9 x 21 x 2 3/8 on the next go round and ask him to blade out the rails just a teeny bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: donger and Aruka

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Couldn’t agree more. Gx works in 80-90% of the conditions around here. I just switch out fins depending on those conditions.

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
you would like the Flare if you're stocky like me. works well in slow S.OC waves and paddles great for middle age king of kooks like me.

Reactions: donger

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
What does the snub nose do, apart from make the the tip easier to grab?

Add a bit more volume or something?